Welcome Diode Dynamics! - Page 2 - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 Old 05-15-2014, 11:38 AM

See what I would really like is for a company like Diode Dynamics to do is take the Oracle/AAC design for the back up lights and improve on it.

Not taking away from what Diode themselves have done for the 5th gen reverse lights but Oracle has the best design.

HOWEVER, I had a malfunction in one of my Oracle/AAC reverse lights and we tore open the housing and found out the lights are nothing but cheap Chinese LEDs.

Unfortunately, I cannot provide all the pictures needed because I'm at work, so I'll try to describe it best way possible.

Oracle/AAC makes the claim that their reverse lights provide the best light output because their LEDs are right up against the housing so their projection has the widest and brightest output.

However, due to the malfunction of their lights on my Camaro, me and my buddy, opened up their housing and saw their crappy LED job. Their LEDs aren't right up against the housing as they claim, but on a shotty board about half inch away from the housing/clearing. Then they use little cone diffusers to project the LED light out of the hole in the rear fasica.

The design was nice, but their execution was lacking because the internal wiring was terrible. The boards were crap and they never worked.

So, if Diode Dynamics, can make something similar, but better without violating copyrights and other stuff, I'd love to get a set of those.

As of now, I have a custom set of LED reverse lights my buddy made for me which aren't bad, but I'm always looking for better.

Order #: VBBDZ1
2017 Camaro ZL1
Hyper Blue Metallic A10, PDR, NAV, Premium floor mats

Ordered: 12/26/16
March 2014 Member/Car Of the Month
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 Old 05-15-2014, 01:28 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue10CamaroSS View Post
See what I would really like is for a company like Diode Dynamics to do is take the Oracle/AAC design for the back up lights and improve on it.

Not taking away from what Diode themselves have done for the 5th gen reverse lights but Oracle has the best design.

HOWEVER, I had a malfunction in one of my Oracle/AAC reverse lights and we tore open the housing and found out the lights are nothing but cheap Chinese LEDs.

Unfortunately, I cannot provide all the pictures needed because I'm at work, so I'll try to describe it best way possible.

Oracle/AAC makes the claim that their reverse lights provide the best light output because their LEDs are right up against the housing so their projection has the widest and brightest output.

However, due to the malfunction of their lights on my Camaro, me and my buddy, opened up their housing and saw their crappy LED job. Their LEDs aren't right up against the housing as they claim, but on a shotty board about half inch away from the housing/clearing. Then they use little cone diffusers to project the LED light out of the hole in the rear fasica.

The design was nice, but their execution was lacking because the internal wiring was terrible. The boards were crap and they never worked.

So, if Diode Dynamics, can make something similar, but better without violating copyrights and other stuff, I'd love to get a set of those.

As of now, I have a custom set of LED reverse lights my buddy made for me which aren't bad, but I'm always looking for better.
Also for 175 from AAC that's what stopped me from purchasing I just could see spending that much for back up lights.

2013 LT2/RS, Crystal Red Metallic, TAZ Jr.
2016 H-D Ultra Classic, Black Fire Purple, (PPE)
2015 H-D Street Glide, Superior Blue. (Old Blue) Traded
2012 Big Horn, RAM, Crew Cab, SLT, Dark Cherry Red Pearl (Betty Boop)
1998 Honda Accord 2d, daily driver.
post #13 of 16 Old 05-15-2014, 01:56 PM

Thats why I found a set on ebay for $100

Order #: VBBDZ1
2017 Camaro ZL1
Hyper Blue Metallic A10, PDR, NAV, Premium floor mats

Ordered: 12/26/16
March 2014 Member/Car Of the Month

post #14 of 16 Old 05-16-2014, 09:56 AM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdemarce View Post
Well, since I've been wanting to switch the fog lights since I got my Camaro, which bulb would you recommend? My only real reason for switching is I don't like the yellow light the stock bulb has.

I have a 2013 ss/rs

Also, how much extra is shipping to Hawaii?
I suggest the HP series P13W LED, shown on the right and left Camaros in this picture:

The middle one uses the SMD models, which produce more of a 6000K

Feel free to call us if you need more information: (314) 205-3033

Nick C.
post #15 of 16 Old 05-16-2014, 09:58 AM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo View Post
Also for 175 from AAC that's what stopped me from purchasing I just could see spending that much for back up lights.
We are designing a new replacement bulb for the 5th Generation Camaro that will be a plug and play replacement. We have offered a backup light option before, but removed it due to the bases being damaged during installation.

Once we move into our new space on June 2nd, we will be releasing more unique and exciting products, especially for the Camaro

And...our backup lights won't cost $200

Nick C.
post #16 of 16 Old 06-04-2015, 08:28 PM

Yeah still $100 isn't worth it in my opinion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page