New 5th Gen Record - 11.549 @ 120.6 - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Drag Racing Getting your 5th Gen on the dragstrip - post results here!
STREET RACING CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 Old 06-05-2009, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

New 5th Gen Record - 11.549 @ 120.6

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and usually stick to 4th gen stuff, but I just wanted to share with you guys the new record for a 5th gen Camaro set by Advanced Racing Dynamics of Houston, TX. Their 2010 SS just ran a 11.549 @ 120.6 at Houston Raceway Park. The mods to this car are a CAI, full exhaust, cam, stall, tune, and a little shot of N2O, and yes you read that right, this car is an automatic!!

So far, I only have a writeup done on the car, but Owen should be posting the vids from his run at the track in this thread tomorrow!

http://www.lsxnation.net/showthread....246#post134246
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 06-06-2009, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster99ss View Post
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and usually stick to 4th gen stuff, but I just wanted to share with you guys the new record for a 5th gen Camaro set by Advanced Racing Dynamics of Houston, TX. Their 2010 SS just ran a 11.549 @ 120.6 at Houston Raceway Park. The mods to this car are a CAI, full exhaust, cam, stall, tune, and a little shot of N2O, and yes you read that right, this car is an automatic!!

So far, I only have a writeup done on the car, but Owen should be posting the vids from his run at the track in this thread tomorrow!

http://www.lsxnation.net/showthread....246#post134246
With all that and the nitrous, I'm surprised all they got was an 11.5. Was traction an issue?

2SS/RS, M6, black on black w/inferno orange
post #3 of 29 Old 06-06-2009, 02:49 AM

We need more info, ARD sweet job on the car

2SS/RS Cyber Grey Metallic with Black Racing Stripes, Black Leather, and Sunroof. Driving it
Daily Driver: 2004 SS Silverado Victory Red with K&N Intake, Magnaflow Exhast, and Edelbrock Headers

post #4 of 29 Old 06-06-2009, 06:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
With all that and the nitrous, I'm surprised all they got was an 11.5. Was traction an issue?
I'm not sure. I was supposed to go to the track with him, but couldn't make it. I know he was having some problems with getting the timing right and was saying it had something to do with the cam he was using. He put a cam in that allowed him to keep the Displacement on Demand because he wanted to be able to keep it and still run 10's, but was having issues with it. It's honestly not a big cam at all compared to others i've seen. He was also running on Mickey Thompson drag radials on 18" Z06 wheels. He couldn't run anything smaller than an 18" wheel to clear the brakes. When I saw him run the car at Sealy (Hennessey's track BTW) last weekend, I know that car was spinning it's ass off past the 60' mark
post #5 of 29 Old 06-06-2009, 07:30 AM

BTW just noticed the car had a 3500 stall, and a 200 shot of spray w/ stand alone fuel tank and 586 rwhp and still only trapped 120. Something to me doesn't seem right but given the large 18" wheel and how heavy it is I guess it is what it is.
post #6 of 29 Old 06-06-2009, 09:23 AM
Camaro Focus Group Member

yeah that ET does seem a little high for all they got on it. maybe the tuning isn't quite right?

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
post #7 of 29 Old 06-06-2009, 09:47 AM

No it aint right at all.The mph should be higher. I read that they are spraying thru the shifts too. aye yaye yaye..
post #8 of 29 Old 06-06-2009, 10:08 AM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

Not gonna lie, those times and trap speeds are pretty awful for a cammed LS3 with a 200 shot of nitrous, especially with a converter and drag tires. Something isn't right here.

Forged Wheel Dealer, contact me for a quote! www.DV8Motoring.com

Co-Founder, LS1Tech.com & PlanetLSX.com - 2010 Camaro SS - CGM - 2SS/RS - M6
post #9 of 29 Old 06-06-2009, 11:58 AM

mis info

We are not spraying through the shifts, it only has a 150 shot and yes it launches a little different than the camaros were used to. We have at least a coulpe of tenths left in it in the nitrous tune etc. We will be tuning at the track more in the next couple weeks to lower the times. New set ups take some time to dial in.

Thanks,
Owen
ARD
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/d...ack_687062.htm
post #10 of 29 Old 06-06-2009, 12:58 PM

Thanks for posting the video!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page