Modern Camaro Forums banner

Speed Inc. 2010 SS shop car results

4K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Larry@Speed Inc. 
#1 ·
I took the car back out today with the M&H 345/18's to work on the launch in a quest for a better ET.

The track got super packed quick which left me me big delays and lack of runs.

pass 1:

tire @ 18psi

approx 1 hr cool down after the drive there and I went for the first run, 3500 rpm and slipped the clutch a tad too much and it slipped which made me abort the run

pass 2:

less then 1 hr cool down, 3200 rpm and slipped the clutch out quicker and it felt good.. 1.68 60ft and then I missed second gear since my had slid off the shifter :( I quickly stuffed it back into second and ran 11.74 @ 119.89mph

pass 3:

about 2 hrs cool down, so I was looking to give the car hell since it was not heat soaked at all now and it was going to be the last pass of the day.. over crowded and rain was coming in

lowered the tires to 15psi

4000 rpm and dumped the clutch

1.59 60ft and it dead hooked

1-2 shift was clean
2-3 I just touched the limiter since our track shows the 60ft and I was shocked and kinda lost track I was racing ..LOL
3-4 shift was clean

The rain coming in brought some humidity and I checked and weather showed 2500+ DA.

so we are very happy with the ET and once we get some good air the MPH will come along

We will be doing a cam swap soon, so 10's will be an easy # soon.

race weight was 4030 today

mod list :
TVS2300 w/ 3.6
Inovators crank pulley ( seeing 10psi )
FIC modified Ls9 injectors
Speed Inc. upgrade HE reservoir
Speed Inc. secondary pump setup
RotoFab CAI
Dynatech headers w/ cats
stock mids

See less See more
#2 ·
I think this has been covered, but did you loose the rear brakes to run 18s?

Any video?

#15 ·
#7 · (Edited)
Sunday results

OH SO CLOSE TO THE 10'S!

11.00@126.7

1.55 60ft

best 60ft was a 1.53

The last pass of the day I tried to leave harder and spun to a 1.64 60ft, went 100.4 to the 1/8 and ran 11.01@125.99. This would have been our 10sec slip. There is always next time.

TVS2300 @ 10psi ( 100 octane for these results )
SuperMaxx LT's w/ cats and stock mid pipe
SLP LM II
RotoFab CAI ( using Magnuson Tube )
Eibach lowering springs
18" C6 Replica wheels with M&H 345/35/18 Drag Radials
stock clutch, driveshaft and axle shafts

NO WEIGHT REDUCTIONS
4050 race weight
DA +705 according to DragTimes.com

#11 ·
I was like SH!T, but figured I was that close and could still get it done. I can drive the car pretty well, but could still use some seat time to be more comfortable really hammering on it.

The best 60ft would have put us there, but I second guessed my 2-3 shift and there went that 1.

The last run was it if it did not spin.

oh well there is always next time and we hope to be out this week + we are going to run Real Street @ the GLD True Street event this Sat.

rims are either 9.5 or 10's and I will have to measure them next time they are off to be sure

I like the big tires myself and with the big sidewall they are keeping the car together while giving us killer 60ft. times.

#12 ·
What size rear tirea and wheels are you using?

Are you using the original halfshafts?

Thanks again guys

#16 ·
18" Replica Z06 wheels and it is 10" I believe

M&H 345/35/18

stock clutch

stock axles shafts < but they are being replaced since on my quest for the quickest and fastest 1 broke in 3rd gear yesterday around the 1000ft mark on the first pass

still went 11.17@104 hitting the brakes and then coasting through the lights

this is the time slip from Sunday Oct 4th

yesterday results and DragTimes shows around -450 DA

60ft ---- 1.56
1/8 ----- 6.99
MPH ---- 101
1000 ---- 9.13

this would have for sure been a record setting run, but oh well...next time

as for the big MPH gain it is related to better air and more power from the 100 octane tune

rear brakes are untouched except for the E-Brake cables had to be tied back for clearance

We are working on getting Bogarts ordered for the car and once I have more info and pics I will post :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.