How tough are our new camaros ? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Drag Racing Getting your 5th Gen on the dragstrip - post results here!
STREET RACING CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 Old 05-06-2010, 04:34 AM Thread Starter

How tough are our new camaros ?

Just as the title says, How tough are our new camaros ?

How many miles on your car? Is it an A6 or M6? How Many drag runs have you done? What has broke ? What breaks? (nothing broken is good!)

Last edited by 2010 Bumblebee; 05-06-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old 05-06-2010, 08:45 AM
Veteran Member

I'm sorry, but are you for real? If you are honestly trying to gather information as you're honestly trying to learn everything about cars, then I do apologize. It's just that your threads seem so that it seems like a humorous jab.

Maybe a C5 implant to cause uproar?

Reminds me of this thread:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76537

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
post #3 of 34 Old 05-06-2010, 08:56 AM
Veteran Member

mmmmmm...mine is very tought yo.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tought

perhaps you mean tough.

when you get into drag racing (especially with drag radials or slicks), everything isn't gonna hold up forever. Limit the wheel hop and things should last longer.

and if you beat the snot out of any car, you should expect that sooner or later something is gonna break.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.

Last edited by POWERFREAK; 05-06-2010 at 01:34 PM.

post #4 of 34 Old 05-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Veteran Member

Great solid feeling car I have had allot of imports over the years and they all seemed cheap in comparrison to the maro. It has a very solid feal and I dont forsee any parts breaking in the near future.
post #5 of 34 Old 05-06-2010, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
I'm sorry, but are you for real? If you are honestly trying to gather information as you're honestly trying to learn everything about cars, then I do apologize. It's just that your threads seem so that it seems like a humorous jab.

Maybe a C5 implant to cause uproar?
Sorry man, I'm serious. Are you on high alert looking for c5 people who post on your site? I am a user of both sites. I hope there is not some issue with that.

The camaro has been out since 2009 and I'm sure a lot of people have given them some beatings. Mine is only a few months old, but other people have had them for a year. Some people beat on them every day so those people would know if the car is realy tough.

As far as Camaro5 I ask the same questions there but that's irrelivant because we are here on morderncamaro right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
mmmmmm...mine is very tought yo.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tought

perhaps you mean tough.
Yes it was a typo.

Last edited by 2010 Bumblebee; 05-06-2010 at 02:08 PM.
post #6 of 34 Old 05-06-2010, 02:53 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 Bumblebee View Post
Sorry man, I'm serious. Are you on high alert looking for c5 people who post on your site? I am a user of both sites. I hope there is not some issue with that.
Absolutely not. I just browsed that thread the other day over "there" and I thought that as your threads have been quite "different" that maybe you were just trying to see how long we'd "hold the line."

post #7 of 34 Old 05-06-2010, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
Absolutely not. I just browsed that thread the other day over "there" and I thought that as your threads have been quite "different" that maybe you were just trying to see how long we'd "hold the line."
I like to think out of the box
post #8 of 34 Old 05-06-2010, 03:41 PM

Mine has proven to be very durable. I have sprayed it with Nitrous, with the original transmission. I have then installed a LSA Crate engine and run in the 10's on radials.

I do think that they did a decent job with the design of the components. Unless you have wheel hop or torsional loads on the drive line your going to have a hard time breaking it. The clutch is probably the weakest link and it should be. It's a wearable replacement part and is cheap compared to rear axles and transmissions.

Robin
post #9 of 34 Old 05-06-2010, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Lawrence View Post
Mine has proven to be very durable. I have sprayed it with Nitrous, with the original transmission. I have then installed a LSA Crate engine and run in the 10's on radials.

I do think that they did a decent job with the design of the components. Unless you have wheel hop or torsional loads on the drive line your going to have a hard time breaking it. The clutch is probably the weakest link and it should be. It's a wearable replacement part and is cheap compared to rear axles and transmissions.

Robin
This is the stuff I want to hear about. The driveline took the nitrous. The rest of the driveline took the LS7, ect..

But nobody is saying how many miles they have on the car or how old it is.

I haven't heard of an auto blowing up yet, plenty of clutches and a few axle shafts.
post #10 of 34 Old 05-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 Bumblebee View Post
But nobody is saying how many miles they have on the car or how old it is.
Considering the nature of this vehicle and the minimal amount of time they have been on the road, I don't think you're going to get the type of feedback that one truly needs for "durability."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page