60ft with launch control - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Drag Racing Getting your 5th Gen on the dragstrip - post results here!
STREET RACING CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 08-02-2010, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

60ft with launch control

OK, so does anyone here have any results with and without the launch control turned on?? Just curious, didn't see hardly anything about it in this section. I know it's not the real man's way to launch, but according to the Corvette testing, it's only .05 seconds slower 0-60 than the best human driver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 08-04-2010, 11:52 AM

Are you talking about competitive mode? I tried that **** at the track and i just roasted the tires....

I just turn t/c off and go at it. I may try the CMP mode on some backroads and give it another try....
post #3 of 17 Old 08-04-2010, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

According to the Corvette test I watched online, You put it into competitive mode at a stop, pin the gas pedal to the floor (where the computer then engages a two-step type rev limiter at about 4000-4500 rpm), then just drop the clutch. The computer will compare front wheel speed to rear wheel speed and limit torque to the rear wheels to allow maximum acceleration. There will be some wheelspin, but it shouldn't be an all out smokeshow. This only works in first gear and only as long as you have the pedal pinned to the floor. I tried it at a red light in traffic but didn't drop the clutch. The rev limiter part works. Supposed to be almost as good as a GM test driver. I would think he wouldn't have a job very long if he wasn't good at it. Check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9wRW-Ysxck

Last edited by RYM6SS; 08-04-2010 at 06:37 PM.

post #4 of 17 Old 08-04-2010, 09:25 PM

The new corvette's have a launch crontrol....but to my knowlege the new Camaro's do not. "Competitive Driving Mode" isn't necessarily launch control on anything other than a 2010 Corvette.

ZL1213 (formerly Z OHHH 6)

2010 2SS/RS (Auto/L99)
2012 ZL1 #213 - M6, Black on Black
post #5 of 17 Old 08-05-2010, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

Here's proof of the Camaro having it if you can get past the crappy but somewhat informative narrative.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxvlVtBAZ74
post #6 of 17 Old 08-05-2010, 12:15 PM

Im def gonna give it another try.
post #7 of 17 Old 08-09-2010, 11:02 AM

wheel hop control?!

try a slower release of the clutch.....outch! Just a tad slower, with less tire pressure. 30lbs ish. If you hold the traction control button down for about 5sec. you can turn everything off completely.
post #8 of 17 Old 08-10-2010, 08:54 PM

Wow, does that bog the crap out of the car. With the weight and tire dia. much more clutch is needed to get the car off the line. I tried LC a couple times when I first got it but turning everything off and launching the old fashioned way is still the best IMO.

post #9 of 17 Old 08-11-2010, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark SS View Post
Wow, does that bog the crap out of the car. With the weight and tire dia. much more clutch is needed to get the car off the line. I tried LC a couple times when I first got it but turning everything off and launching the old fashioned way is still the best IMO.
That's kinda the answer I was looking for on this whole post. I was just wondering if anyone has put a clock on it. I agree on the bogging thing. Sounds like butt, but could work out close to the same.
post #10 of 17 Old 10-22-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RYM6SS View Post
That's kinda the answer I was looking for on this whole post. I was just wondering if anyone has put a clock on it. I agree on the bogging thing. Sounds like butt, but could work out close to the same.
in the same night i was running with everything turned off, i tried running with comp mode on and was 3 tenths slower 2 times in a row! Light hazing of the tires the computer will kick in and will bog the car down. with everything off ligth hazing will just be a haze and then it will fly. just practice, practice and more practice with it all off and you will see the best times. I ran 12.84 ALMOST bone stock with just axle back borla mufflers, everything turned off, and 28 lbs of pressure in the rear tires. hope this helps some man. Dont waste ur time with comp mode.

2010 1SS IBM M6
ordered Oct 19
delivered Dec 4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page