2011 SS vs 2007 Carrera 4S - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Drag Racing Getting your 5th Gen on the dragstrip - post results here!
STREET RACING CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 05-02-2011, 01:31 AM Thread Starter

2011 SS vs 2007 Carrera 4S

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum. My dad just bought a 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS last Thursday. He's been looking at them ever since they came out and he decided that it was time to buy one. His is a 6-spd manual. I haven't even seen it yet because I'm still at school getting ready to take finals this week, but he told me it is pretty awesome. Anyway, before the camaro he had a 2007 911 Carrera 4S 6 spd manual as well, a pretty quick car. The porsche is pretty quick off the line, fastest 0-60 i've heard of for it was 4.1 sec, with a 1/4 mile of 12.6 at 111 mph. I wanted to know how the camaro would stack up against the porsche. I know from a dead stop the porsche would probably take it due to the all wheel drive and 3200 lb curb weight, but how would the camaro do from a roll. The trap speeds I've seen are about the same or a bit higher. Reason I ask this is because my dad said the camaro moves out, but he felt like the porsche was a bit quicker, i told him that the heavier weight of the camaro is what makes it not feel as nimble and quick. I wanted to see what you guys had to say about this. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-02-2011, 09:34 PM

Well if the Porsche ran a 12.6 in the quarter, it would be the Camaro, however, with very little in the way of mods, the Camaro would be capable of mid-low 12's.

ZL1213 (formerly Z OHHH 6)

2010 2SS/RS (Auto/L99)
2012 ZL1 #213 - M6, Black on Black
post #3 of 5 Old 05-03-2011, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

yeah true. i know the 997 carrera S with 355 ran a low of 12.3 sec at 114.8 and a 0-60 of 3.9 sec. i'm excited that my dad bought the camaro, parts are way less expensive. hopefully he'll do something in the future. how do you like the z06? a friend of mine's dad has one with a magnaflow catback and x-pipe, sounds ridiculous

post #4 of 5 Old 05-04-2011, 07:27 AM

The Z is an amazing car. Heck of a lot of fun to drive, sometimes there is too much power and simply wont stick. Its stock for now....but I would like to think soon it will have twin turbo's....but then I remind myself that it has plenty of power already. If I had to sum up my experience with the Z06, its the first car I have ever owned that has the ability to scare the crap out of me, bone stock with no add-ons. And I am honest enough to admit that I can't currently drive the car to its limits.

ZL1213 (formerly Z OHHH 6)

2010 2SS/RS (Auto/L99)
2012 ZL1 #213 - M6, Black on Black
post #5 of 5 Old 05-04-2011, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

i agree, that car is scary to drive. i got to drive the z06 once a couple years ago, i just remember leaving it in 2nd gear and punching it at 20 or 30 mph and the wheels still spun at such a low rpm. if you twin turboed that, it would probably be the most insane car around. one day hopefully i will own a c6 z06, its probably one of my most favorite cars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page