The Texas Mile - May 2011 - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Drag Racing Getting your 5th Gen on the dragstrip - post results here!
STREET RACING CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 05-07-2011, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

The Texas Mile - May 2011

The Texas Mile will be run in May (27-29 May) for the first time aside from it's normal March and Otober dates, and also for the first time in Beevile, TX (used to be in Goliad, TX). Memorial day Weekend will be a blast at a new venue, and the first time it'll be run in May. It's sure to be a little warmer than the normal March or October dates, but in the last few years, those days have been pretty hot as well.
I'll be running down the one mile drag strip for my second time, this time I'm armed with my Magnuson TVS2300 supercharger, I want to break into the 170's with an ultimate goal of 180 MPH for this round. Our group also has two built Corvettes running in this one, the same two that ran last March, a red Corvette that ran 191.0, and our new high speed champ in a black Corvette that ran 191.2. They will be going head to head again, and we'll see if that .2 MPH was a fluke, or if it was driver performance
If you don't have any plans for that holiday weekend, come to Beevile and watch the action, every initial run down the track will be a new Texas Mile record since the Goliad records are sealed, and the new records start.

2SS/RS, CGM, A6, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger
My latest dyno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjrLR0N12B4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-13-2011, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

If you're there, stop by and say hi, my car number will be 602 again this time, the corvettes will be 55 and 88.

post #3 of 4 Old 05-16-2011, 05:39 AM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

Sounds like a good time. Post some video.

post #4 of 4 Old 05-30-2011, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

I had a good weekend, not as fast as I wanted to be (not even close to my wishful thinking of 170), but it was faster than the last time I ran. The wind was a real killer, and relentless, add to that the daily temps were way over what was forecast for the weekend, and getting used to the new venue surface took some getting used to, those made for slower times overall. I'll try again in October after bumping up the boost with a smaller pulley and adjusted tune, this time I'll only put my expectations at 160 for the Mile. The dinner and party on Saturday night put on by the city of Beeville was very impressive, the food was killer, the music was good, and just what the doctor ordered after enduring the heat and wind up to that point. I'll post up links to pics and video as I get them finished, waiting for one of my videos to finish rendering now, maybe another hour or so until it's available on YouTube, the pics and some video are already up on my Picasa site.

https://picasaweb.google.com/belange...y2011Beeville#

First video series from the start line is finished:

Second video series from the start line is finished:

Last edited by TX_SS; 05-30-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page