Modern Camaro Forums banner

clutch adjustment

32K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  lamar 
#1 ·
Does anyone know If the dealer has to adjust the clutch or is it an easy thing to do your self. The clutch engages too high up. Does the clutch seem buttry or is just me?

#5 ·
Clutch too high up

I don't like the cluth position either. I drove a 2SS here in San Diego when Chev had a dozen or so letting people drive them. The clutch at that time was real high (engages near the steering wheel as oppose to nearer the floor). Everyone was stalling this car and I thought it was mis adjusted. when I bought my 2SS it was the same way. I still stall it once every two days or so. I have driven lots of sticks over the years and really like the engagement closer to the floor. I have tried to order the shop manual but they are on back order. I am about to get under the cat but I don't even feel good about where to put the jack stands. Anybody know how to adjust the clutch or where to put the jack stands?

thanks,

Ted

#6 ·
I believe that the M6 clutch has a hydraulic throw-out bearing. That eliminates a need for an actuator arm. Also most hydraulic clutches have no adjustment other then the clutch rod freeplay. Our cars don't seem to have any adjustments, I just checked. Most cars need 3-5 MM freeplay to prevent clutch from dragging. I have a little slack in the actuator rod pivot, other than that the master moves immediately when I move the pedal.

My clutch grabs very low, the opposite of what you guys are saying.
And I still stall it a couple of times a week. I think I got it now finally!

Attachments

#11 ·
Found out how to adjust clutch!

This procedure is for the G8 clutch master R&R.
turns out the master has slotted holes to allow for pedal height adjustment.
I'm sure this is the same for us, but I will have shop manuals in hand tomorrow AM to verify.
Randy

Attachments

#12 ·
This procedure is for the G8 clutch master R&R.
turns out the master has slotted holes to allow for pedal height adjustment.
I'm sure this is the same for us, but I will have shop manuals in hand tomorrow AM to verify.
Randy
Did you find out if there is a similar clutch adjustment?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.