L99 Dyno tune results! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Dyno Results & Bench Racing Dyno your 5th Gen? Post the numbers here! How fast will it go?

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 Old 06-07-2009, 01:45 AM Thread Starter
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple

Thumbs up L99 Dyno tune results!

Today my car was dyno tuned by our sponsor Modern Muscle!

Here's the results!

Picked up 12hp and 26ft-lbs at peak, but as you can see by the dyno graph, there is a huge gain in both horsepower and torque throughout the RPM range.

The gain is near 30hp and 30ft-lbs in most areas!

(the difference in the dyno numbers vs my other stock dyno is just because of the difference in dynos)

Boy did this car wake up A TON with just the tune!
I highly recommend a tune, it's an amazing improvement!
The power increase is very noticeable, the shifts are firmer and faster, and the shift points are definitely better.

Overall I'm VERY pleased with the results!
I'm anxious to get back to the dragstrip and see how much faster it is!
That should happen fairly soon!

STAY TUNED for pictures and videos!

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 06-07-2009, 04:17 AM
Dark Side Moderator

Looks good. Good luck at the track

2005 Mustang GT-4.6L 3v /M5
2.3L Whipple Intercooled, 3.25'' pulley(11psi),FRPP 62mm TB, FRPP Stinger Axleback, UPR catted X-pipe, FRPP Handling Pack, 20'' Staggered Black Steeda Spyder Wheels, NT-05 Nittos, 3.73s, Hurst Shifter, and DF Centerforce Clutch
527rwhp, 479rwtq
post #3 of 24 Old 06-07-2009, 07:03 AM

Very nice gains, Tim! Do you know what they actually changed (other than tweaking spark & fuel on the dyno?)

post #4 of 24 Old 06-07-2009, 07:19 AM
Supporter of common sense

Looks great Tim!
What changes were made to Torque Management on your car?

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #5 of 24 Old 06-07-2009, 08:01 AM
Veteran Member

does a tune mess with the warranty , how much do they cost to do

post #6 of 24 Old 06-07-2009, 11:39 AM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

We change fuel and spark obviously at WOT. IAT timing pull tables are modified to reduce IAT heat soak timing pull. This table is overly conservative on these Camaros, worst I have seen yet. This is not a PE tune, for those of you who know what I mean. Commanded and actual AFR is equal to each other. The MAF transfer function is modified to make Lambda equal 1. The power enrichment switch point is modified, enrichment rate is dialed in and PE delays are modified so that the WOT hit is much more crisp and responsive than stock. Timing is tuned to MBT ( max brake torque) throughout the rpm range. Engine torque management is removed so that the pedal position will equal the throttle position. Burst knock retard is managed better, again to greatly improve throttle response. Speed limiters are raised.

Transmission wise, there are a number of things going on there, but one of them is reducing transmission torque management, managing shift points and the dynamics of the actual shift. The new control system that goes with the A6 is wonderful and very tunable. Just ask anyone who has an A6 tune from modern muscle, it is an amazing new transmission. I personally own a G8 w/ the A6 and the thing shifts like an F1 car.

There are a number of other details that are dealt with by us, but this is a good glimpse into what we are doing with a tune. Modified cars obviously bring with them, many more things that we manage, tune, and change.

Facebook
Oswego, IL
Your expert source for the 5th gen Camaro

Last edited by modern-muscle; 06-07-2009 at 11:39 AM. Reason: add sig
post #7 of 24 Old 06-07-2009, 12:14 PM

Thank you for the details!!!
post #8 of 24 Old 06-07-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modern-muscle View Post
We change fuel and spark obviously at WOT. IAT timing pull tables are modified to reduce IAT heat soak timing pull. This table is overly conservative on these Camaros, worst I have seen yet. This is not a PE tune, for those of you who know what I mean. Commanded and actual AFR is equal to each other. The MAF transfer function is modified to make Lambda equal 1. The power enrichment switch point is modified, enrichment rate is dialed in and PE delays are modified so that the WOT hit is much more crisp and responsive than stock. Timing is tuned to MBT ( max brake torque) throughout the rpm range. Engine torque management is removed so that the pedal position will equal the throttle position. Burst knock retard is managed better, again to greatly improve throttle response. Speed limiters are raised.

Transmission wise, there are a number of things going on there, but one of them is reducing transmission torque management, managing shift points and the dynamics of the actual shift. The new control system that goes with the A6 is wonderful and very tunable. Just ask anyone who has an A6 tune from modern muscle, it is an amazing new transmission. I personally own a G8 w/ the A6 and the thing shifts like an F1 car.

There are a number of other details that are dealt with by us, but this is a good glimpse into what we are doing with a tune. Modified cars obviously bring with them, many more things that we manage, tune, and change.
The guys at Modern Muscle are true motorheads. Justin knows his stuff One look at their shop will show you why they are my choice for Gm & Mopar performance!

You will be seeing video of Tim's Camaro In the next RTL Garage video, and a photo shoot
post #9 of 24 Old 06-07-2009, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple

Agreed!
Like AJ said, the guys at Modern Muscle really really know their stuff.
On top of that, they're a cool and fun bunch to hang around with!

One of many photos taken during the photo shoot:

MANY more to come.

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
post #10 of 24 Old 06-07-2009, 06:26 PM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

That custom paint job we put on the front of the building turned out nice for the photo shoot, LOL.

Facebook
Oswego, IL
Your expert source for the 5th gen Camaro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page