Had my 2SS/RS dyno'd today - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Dyno Results & Bench Racing Dyno your 5th Gen? Post the numbers here! How fast will it go?

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 04-30-2010, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 33
 
Had my 2SS/RS dyno'd today

Over at Speed, Inc. in Schaumburg, IL on their dynojet, had to spend 40 minutes on the highway to get there, so my car was smokin hot in this 82 degree humid crazy weather we have.

ANYway...

Put down 367hp/367tq

Can't say it was quite as high as I would have liked, but not bad!

My car is an LS3. everyone else have fairly similar results?

Also, I was fortunate enough to pick up a test CAI from R2C Racing, which I will be starting a thread about soon enough, comparing to stock, reviewing fit/finish, performance, and track times. so Keep an eye out!
EvoWake is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 04-30-2010, 05:30 PM
Veteran Member
 
POWERFREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 7,873
  
that's about right...a little more than mine made. It's just a baseline, the most important #'s are the GAINS.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
POWERFREAK is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 04-30-2010, 06:23 PM
Veteran Member
 
weland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: S.F. Bay Area
Posts: 3,900
  
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoWake View Post
Over at Speed, Inc. in Schaumburg, IL on their dynojet, had to spend 40 minutes on the highway to get there, so my car was smokin hot in this 82 degree humid crazy weather we have.

ANYway...

Put down 367hp/367tq

Can't say it was quite as high as I would have liked, but not bad!

My car is an LS3. everyone else have fairly similar results?

Also, I was fortunate enough to pick up a test CAI from R2C Racing, which I will be starting a thread about soon enough, comparing to stock, reviewing fit/finish, performance, and track times. so Keep an eye out!
Dang you LS3 guys don't know when you got it good. My L99 got 318/318 before the tune. Now I'll admit I was embarrassed to be in the same room with the other guys getting their dynos after a showing like that. There are some factory duds out there.

Still legal in 16 states. It's happy. It's fun. It's Happy Fun Car.
Do not taunt Happy Fun Car.
weland is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 Old 04-30-2010, 11:02 PM
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
 
OctaneZ28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 11,842
           
That's right on where a stock LS3 should be!

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
OctaneZ28 is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 05-06-2010, 09:49 AM
Junior Member
 
uncle_bob62000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Burlington, Ontario Canada
Posts: 92
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoWake View Post
Over at Speed, Inc. in Schaumburg, IL on their dynojet, Put down 367hp/367tq
That's good for stock. I have a local place I can get mine tested for $75.00. Going to get mine done soon. Have 2500 kilometres (1500 miles) on it now.

Dyno guy said there is a 15% loss for standard trans and 20% plus for automatic. That would make our 6M get 362HP, which I would be plenty satisfied with.

My brother-in-law had his GT500 done and got 517HP with an estimated 644 at the engine after mods. With a tune it gave 547HP. They took the GT500 up to 5800 RPM in 4th for the test. Man, what a roar. It was just a screaming, hood open. His Mustang doesn't hook up as good as the Camaro. Waste of HP for him.

Uncle BoB in Oakville
2010 Camaro 1SS 6M
Victory Red
ordered January 4th, 2010
delivered March 5th, 2010
http://unclebob.mangle.ca
uncle_bob62000 is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 05-06-2010, 10:23 AM
Veteran Member
 
RedJewel2SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 4,449
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by weland View Post
Dang you LS3 guys don't know when you got it good. My L99 got 318/318 before the tune. Now I'll admit I was embarrassed to be in the same room with the other guys getting their dynos after a showing like that. There are some factory duds out there.
and the sad thing is, when we modify our cars, we do not see the same gains as LS3s do either!

only thing we got going for us is our quicker launch! an A6 with an LS3 conversion is one mean burrito !!! can't wait to do mine with a cam & springs next spring!!!!!!!!!

April 2010 Member/Car of the Month

Gone but not Forgotten!
RedJewel2SS is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 05-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Junior Member
 
uncle_bob62000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Burlington, Ontario Canada
Posts: 92
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJewel2SS View Post
and the sad thing is, when we modify our cars, we do not see the same gains as LS3s do either!

only thing we got going for us is our quicker launch! an A6 with an LS3 conversion is one mean burrito !!! can't wait to do mine with a cam & springs next spring!!!!!!!!!
I just bought a Sprint Booster that makes the DBW more responsive and also seems to eliminate the skip shift. It's guaranteed to make a difference and it does. It isn't advertised as giving more HP but it sure gets there quicker.

I got onto the QEW in 1st gear and hit the rev limiter before I even got a chance to glance at the tach or speedo. Now I'm ready to get it dyno'd, go to the drags and also try the 3 kilometre road course again.


Uncle BoB in Oakville, Ontario
2010 Camaro 1SS 6M, Victory Red
ordered January 4th, 2010; delivered March 5th, 2010
http://unclebob.mangle.ca
uncle_bob62000 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome