Stock SS -> Diablosport Trinity - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Dyno Results & Bench Racing Dyno your 5th Gen? Post the numbers here! How fast will it go?

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 09-23-2011, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

Stock SS -> Diablosport Trinity

Just did some baseline runs with my stock SS and then decided to toss in a Diablosport Trinity to see what it would do.

Stock Baseline:

Note, that 347 was the lowest of the three runs with the first two around 352.

Stock Plus Diablosport Trinity:

Decent enough gain for a stock car with just a tune. Next up is intake and Vmax TB.

Car on the dyno:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-24-2011, 08:00 PM

does that diablo allow you to turn off the o2 sensors? I do know the hp tuner does. Also how happy are you with the diablo?
post #3 of 8 Old 09-24-2011, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

Yes, it does. The Trinity is a bit on the expensive side for the gains, but it's so much faster to upload than the Predator and it has a lot of nice data monitoring features.

post #4 of 8 Old 09-25-2011, 09:51 AM

so overal you would not look for something to get more of a tune? I ask cause I am thinking of getting one.
post #5 of 8 Old 09-25-2011, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinocala View Post
so overal you would not look for something to get more of a tune? I ask cause I am thinking of getting one.
Once I add exhaust and a cam I will have a custom tune written for the car. The nice thing about the Trinity versus the regular Predator is that it takes about half the time to log and load tunes. So you are spending a bit more upfront, but when you have the car custom tuned you end up spending less because your tuner needs less time to complete the actual tuning.
post #6 of 8 Old 10-09-2012, 09:34 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asrautox View Post
Just did some baseline runs with my stock SS and then decided to toss in a Diablosport Trinity to see what it would do.

Stock Baseline:

Note, that 347 was the lowest of the three runs with the first two around 352.

Stock Plus Diablosport Trinity:

Decent enough gain for a stock car with just a tune. Next up is intake and Vmax TB.

Car on the dyno:
wut year and is it an auto?
post #7 of 8 Old 08-13-2013, 07:00 AM
Livin' the dream!

Garage
Correct me if I'm wrong, but DiabloSport Tunes are advertised as being completely invisible to GM if you ever have to get warranty work done and go back to the factory tune.

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."... 2 Timothy 4:7
post #8 of 8 Old 10-02-2013, 02:27 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by INTIMIDAT3R View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but DiabloSport Tunes are advertised as being completely invisible to GM if you ever have to get warranty work done and go back to the factory tune.
They claimed that the dealer has no way of possibly knowing the tune was ever there...as long as you return to stock. Whether it is true or not I don't know. But with all the people with all kinds of different vehicles running tunes and going back to the dealer for work...if someone got busted I'm sure DS would have been called out about it.

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page