2 Dynos 1st with tune and 93 octane 2nd no tune 91 octane - Page 2 - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Dyno Results & Bench Racing Dyno your 5th Gen? Post the numbers here! How fast will it go?

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 Old 12-07-2012, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

Oo ok Ill take that into consideration appreciate that good info bro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 Old 12-08-2012, 09:11 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
You bet.

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
post #13 of 17 Old 12-08-2012, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

At the dyno right now 1st pull to get his baseline b4 the tune 660 rwhp and 579 Ft lbs of torque I'm at a shop called excelsior Motorsports in Escondido ca Kurshan does really Amazing work he only works on GM LS series engines he is a good guy

post #14 of 17 Old 12-10-2012, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
You bet.

retuned and dyno my car for nasty cali 91 octane gas lol lost some power and torque but was still happy with the outcome i guess 674hp 576 ftlbs tq

post #15 of 17 Old 12-11-2012, 03:33 AM
Veteran Member

Whattup Jersey...off topic but I see you're from Lakewood. I work in Kimball Medical Center quite often and I used to frequent Maggies. Small world man. On topic tho, do you guys think octane boosters really work? I've used them on NA engines but I don't think I would trust it on a high performace forced induction engine. But then again I don't think you have too many options besides getting another dyno tune...

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
post #16 of 17 Old 12-11-2012, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
Whattup Jersey...off topic but I see you're from Lakewood. I work in Kimball Medical Center quite often and I used to frequent Maggies. Small world man. On topic tho, do you guys think octane boosters really work? I've used them on NA engines but I don't think I would trust it on a high performace forced induction engine. But then again I don't think you have too many options besides getting another dyno tune...

Hey wuts up dude yea from lakewood born at Kimball lol i live off new hampshire and ronald but im currently living in san diego county due to my job. but octane boosters do work everyone that i have talked to about my car recomment using lucas octane booster or torco. as long as you follow the directions and mix what the directions say it really does help especially out here in cali cuz all they have is nasty 91 octane not like the good stuff they have in Jersey. I got my car retunned for 91 octane because i wont find higher over here but im still gonna put booster in my gas to give me the extra octane boost.
post #17 of 17 Old 12-11-2012, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

I will upload the video of my dyno this past saturday shortly as soon as i get some time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page