Modern Camaro Forums banner

Different taillights

8K views 21 replies 18 participants last post by  ttboy404 
#1 · (Edited)
I was not sure where to post this one.

I would like to see the taillights on this photochopped Camaro become an aftermarket available product.. A new bumper pad and modern led taillight assembly would be needed. Remove the reverse lights from their current position.

This would be great to see some team or even more than one team take this on for SEMA 2011. A completed concept would sell fairly well if it was not priced too high. IMO

Can somebody step forward, design and produce this? Vendors and SEMA members I'm asking for some input. Is it doable?

See less See more
#20 ·
Umm you bought a car designed after a 69.

those lights would prob flow more if they were turned over and flipped to other side.. so the end where it curves down would kinda curve up and blend better.....
..just my 2 cents
Word.

#4 ·
If you have enough money you can do that right now. Just need a really good body shop to do it.

Those taillights are more reminiscent of the '69 Camaro in my opinion. I like those better but I also like the ones they have now. Never did care for the positioning of the backup lights. They look like an after thought to me.

I have a feeling that the designers wanted to maintain the "retro" look without going too far with the "retro" look. Does that make sense?

#5 ·
I hate to say it but it would take a whole new fascia to incorporate these lights or a bunch of modification to the existing one. And they would need to lose the outer light on each side and run with the 4 only IMO. Severely doubt it would happen...

#6 ·
I happen to like the Camaro tail lights just as they are, only wish they were LED's like the ones I have now.

Like someone else said "too '69" ish. IMO

#8 · (Edited)
IMOs this is how the A$$ of this car should have looked all along.
I love my 5thgen and always will however if there is one thing I could have had different it would have been the Rear end looks of the car.
This car has the looks of a first gen all over it with 2nd gen taillights.
We know peters put a lot of Corvette into this car so im taking it the taillights are part of the look of corvette.

I'm actually digging this look up above but know it wont happen.

I give it a thumbs up.

I do agree if you want a 69 then buy a 69 however face it Gm took a lot of first gen looks this would change the whole backend of the car.

I say take those taillights and make them a little taller with the looks of the current Rs Taillights as in appearance.

just my .02

#21 ·
EXACTLY. They need to be flipped upside down to match the curves of the 5th gen.

BTW, those ARE 1969 lights.

#18 ·
The OP's pic looks like Dodge lights.

#22 ·
Personally, not a fan of those tail lights and the shapes n curves, but really REALLY like a much cleaner A%*& on the car.

Been playing with photosshop my self (not that good at it). I figure, i can move the collison detection sensors and the reverse lights to the little grill above the diffuser. With just that mod, and black tailight bezels, and a subdued bowtie, seems to clean up the A&* a bit.

Just getting rid of the reverse lights helps immensly. I would be interested in a mod-ed bumper, that is alot cleaner than the one we got.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.