Urgent HELP Needed! Where to attach Footwell Lighting on Passenger Side? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Electronics & Audio Stereo Components | Lighting | Radars | Alarms

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 03-19-2011, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

Urgent HELP Needed! Where to attach Footwell Lighting on Passenger Side?

2011 2SS / RS PKG.

Ok,
I got my AAC footwell light flexible strips (LED SMD) and am in the process of installing them. On the passenger side, the bottom of the glove box is like a honeycomb with very little surface area to attach the strip to with the provided 2-sided tape. And no holes to zip tie it.

If you put it to the very rear of the front edge of the bottom of the glove box (which is about 1/2" wide and IS flat), it may make the lights somewhat seeable from above, and make them too brite in your face instead of hidden and subtle. Also the box moves when you open it so you have to leave a bit of slack in the wires and they might hang down a little and be seen or get caught by a shoe.

At the rear of the bottom of the glove box there is about the only place to put it, again no great surface areas and maybe a few zip-tie points.

Sooooo.....where did you guys attach yours on the passenger side?

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 03-19-2011, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

Anybody?

Nobody?
post #3 of 13 Old 03-19-2011, 05:04 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
I don't have the lighting...but I do know if you call or email AAC they will be happy to answer your question. Good luck!

post #4 of 13 Old 03-19-2011, 08:39 PM

I just zip tied mine in couple of holes..cant see it..looks nice..works wonderful.
shoot I didnt even get any 3m tape..??? unless it was already applied to strips and I didnt know..lol

Rick
post #5 of 13 Old 03-20-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Soars View Post
2011 2SS / RS PKG.

Ok,
I got my AAC footwell light flexible strips (LED SMD) and am in the process of installing them. On the passenger side, the bottom of the glove box is like a honeycomb with very little surface area to attach the strip to with the provided 2-sided tape. And no holes to zip tie it.

If you put it to the very rear of the front edge of the bottom of the glove box (which is about 1/2" wide and IS flat), it may make the lights somewhat seeable from above, and make them too brite in your face instead of hidden and subtle. Also the box moves when you open it so you have to leave a bit of slack in the wires and they might hang down a little and be seen or get caught by a shoe.

At the rear of the bottom of the glove box there is about the only place to put it, again no great surface areas and maybe a few zip-tie points.

Thanks!!
I have the same setup in my camaro maybe I can look for you later on. I don't mess around with any electrical stuff on my camaro I let my dealer take care of it for me. I will definatley look to see how mine are hooked up. I have the tube wired up on my drivers side and the blue strip wired on my passenger side My dealer got sick of replacing the tube all the time so they reccomending on putting the smd strips instead.
post #6 of 13 Old 03-21-2011, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses guys & gal. I ended up putting it towards the rear of the bottom of the glove box's flat edge, which is near the front of it. You can't see it directly unless you are looking in from the rear window, or with the doors open and you're pretty far behind the door. The wiring does move with the glove box opening/closing, so I may move it eventually if it becomes a problem. I left plenty of slack (extra) wiring just in case, and shrink wrapped it to give it some extra protection.

Still wouldn't mind others' input on where their flexible SMD strips were installed on the passenger side. Mine is a 2011 2SS. Not sure if 2010s were any different as far as the bottom of the glove box area is concerned.
post #7 of 13 Old 03-22-2011, 06:03 AM

I found a way to attach the lighting ribbon in my 2010 RS/SS and was really simple. I took double sided tape and attached it to the heating vent away from viewing site and attached the lighting ribon to it. No drilling and can be taken off if later you decide you no longer want the effect. Works great

2010 Camaro's are GM's best idea yet!!!!
2SS/RS Black on Black, M6 Sunroof
2012 Summit White ZL1, M6, Sunroof
"Thank you Champion Chevrolet!!!!" #1588[

Last edited by PNYSLAR; 03-22-2011 at 09:31 AM.
post #8 of 13 Old 03-22-2011, 08:51 PM

holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Soars View Post
2011 2SS / RS PKG.

Ok,

Thanks!!
Unless 2011 different..there are a few holes there to zip tie..I did mine..right under the glove box..and the wires dont move when using glovebox...unsure where you ran the wires to..I ran mine right thru the center console.......(under dash in center)

If you need help PM me..

Rick
post #9 of 13 Old 03-23-2011, 02:44 AM
Support MC & Troops

pics please

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
post #10 of 13 Old 03-23-2011, 06:19 AM

I have mine on the honeycomb with full-length adhesive on LED strips (not AAC). No problems.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page