GPS and Dealer Adventures - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Electronics & Audio Stereo Components | Lighting | Radars | Alarms

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 03-30-2011, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

GPS and Dealer Adventures

So I met with the performance guy at City Chevrolet in Charlotte last week. Great guy, super nice, very informative of everything they offered, including supercharging it, exhaust, headers, etc, all under warrenty. We talked about some of my plans, and I asked if they could wire my GPS up internally, so I didn't have a cord running from the center under the wheel up to the corner. (See pics below) He said sure thing, was super easy, they could do it in 45 minutes. I set up an appointment for Saturday the next day. When I got in, it turned out the guy that usually does it wasn't there, but another guy was sure he could do it. Ended up frying my Garmin, hooking it straight up to a 12V line (instead of 5V). I was initially very upset, as I found it hard to trust them to do anything significant in the future if they'd messed up something they said was such an easy job. (Not to mention if they'd hurt my baby!)

Long story short, they told me to buy a new GPS and bring it back. I did, and I had a reimbursement check for it's cost in my hand in under 5 minutes, and 20 minutes later it was installed perfectly, for free. I was very impressed with how hard they worked to fix the problem, and it definitely reassured me as far as what kind of customer service I could expect in the future. So in the end, it all turned out really well, and I think it looks great! Starts right up as soon as I start the car.

Before:

After:

2011 Camaro 2SS/RS A6, Cyber Grey

Living the DREAM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-30-2011, 01:50 PM
Premium Member

Great dealer!

2011 White Convertible 1LT IOM, Full JDM Colorshift Halo upgrade, Showstopper Camaro Bowtie Led Mirrors and Engine cover, Pace Setter Cat Back Exhaust, BK Coilover Kit, 21x9.5 and 21X8.5 Full Custom Cromed 21" GM wheels, Tinted windows, I WIN BEARS Plate. Full IOM dash and door update with IOM interior panels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page