Quirky Window Switches - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Electronics & Audio Stereo Components | Lighting | Radars | Alarms

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 04-28-2011, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

Quirky Window Switches

More often that not, when I press both window switches completely down or lift them completely up to activate their automatic travel to the completely down or up position, one or both of the windows stop their travel as soon as I release the switch. I have to press the switch(es) again to get the window to travel the rest of the way.

Does anyone else have this problem? Any solutions other than taking it to the dealer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 04-29-2011, 05:59 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Resync the travel. Do one at a time. Hold down the switch, after the window is all the way down, keep holding it in down position for 5 seconds. Release and pull switch to up position, once up all the way hold for 5 seconds. Do this procedure 2 times. Then do it to other window. Should fix your problem. You will most likely have to do this anytime a battery goes weak or dead too.

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6spd 426hp
December 2013 Member of the Month
post #3 of 17 Old 04-29-2011, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

kc0cmj:

Thanks! I'll give it a try and let you know what happens.

Seems as though not even windows on these new-fangled cars can remember what they're supposed to do. Maybe we'd be better off if the worst thing that could happen is the crank comes off in your hand.

post #4 of 17 Old 04-30-2011, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

It seems as though this procedure hasn't changed anything. I still get times when the window(s) either stop on the way down when I release the switch or on the way up.

The procedure in the manual (similar to that recommended above) is meant to reprogram the Express Up feature. Since I'm also having a problem with Express Down, reprogramming might not be the answer.
post #5 of 17 Old 05-03-2011, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

Is anyone else having the same type of problem with the Express Up/Down features on the windows? If so, have you found a solution or is this something I need to address with the dealership?
post #6 of 17 Old 05-03-2011, 12:33 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spok View Post
Is anyone else having the same type of problem with the Express Up/Down features on the windows? If so, have you found a solution or is this something I need to address with the dealership?
I have the same problem...but thought when I ever got motivated enough to read the manual...I could solve it myself. Maybe I'd better try to solve it now. So crap...now I have a problem I didn't even know I had...lol.
post #7 of 17 Old 05-03-2011, 01:40 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Might be a software problem, take to dealer, window switches are actually window modules now that require software for them to work. Could just need it reflashed and help the problem, I havent done any, no complaints brought in yet here at my dealership for that.

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6spd 426hp
December 2013 Member of the Month
post #8 of 17 Old 05-03-2011, 03:17 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Are you holding the switch down or up when doing this? If so then when you let go it will stop you have to touch and release for them to do automatic.

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #9 of 17 Old 05-04-2011, 12:30 AM Thread Starter

bamaproshop:

Come to think of it, I may be a bit heavy handed with the switches just like I am with the turn signal lever when I just want it to blink 3 times. Sometimes instead of just tapping it, I'll wind up pushing the lever down. I'll try the light touch as you suggest and let you know how it works.

Envy:

Are you reading this? It might solve your problem that you didn't know you had.

Last edited by Spok; 05-04-2011 at 12:34 AM.
post #10 of 17 Old 05-04-2011, 06:54 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spok View Post
bamaproshop:

Come to think of it, I may be a bit heavy handed with the switches just like I am with the turn signal lever when I just want it to blink 3 times. Sometimes instead of just tapping it, I'll wind up pushing the lever down. I'll try the light touch as you suggest and let you know how it works.

Envy:

Are you reading this? It might solve your problem that you didn't know you had.

Cool hope that works

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page