Let there be Light? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Electronics & Audio Stereo Components | Lighting | Radars | Alarms

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 09-08-2011, 07:00 AM Thread Starter

Let there be Light?

I've been looking into getting the Halo's for Bee, but I don't have a lot of money and I can't seem to find a kit for under $400. I'm really only looking to spend half that. Does anyone know where I can order some with a hefty discount? Preferably that wont set my car on fire, or me trying to install them? Trying to upgrade her one piece at a time, on a budget

"It's okay---I drive a Camaro!"

2010 Camaro 1.5 LT (yeah. She's a one and a half.)

Wanna Laugh? Check out http://wronglever.blogspot.com/
cars, life, and honey badgers!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 09-08-2011, 11:26 AM
Veteran Member

Check this place out

Advanced Automotive Concepts - Chevrolet Camaro

IBM 2SS/RS, M6, Blk Leather...
CAI, ARH Headers, Flowmasters, Diablosport tuned, Barton short-throw
Ordered 3/19 Delivered 8/12 VIN# 21970
94' Z28 sold 12/14/09
post #3 of 11 Old 09-08-2011, 11:59 AM
Bully Proof

Garage
I have a set of green halos rings that I purchased from AAC for $175 last year. I did not install them though...since I went with the OEM GM HID's with halo's instead...but they are in your price range. The install is a little tricky but still doable. Good luck!

And how do you get a 1.5 LT? My 1LT has every RS option added and all 2LT/2SS options except the heated seats...but she's still a 1LT.

post #4 of 11 Old 09-08-2011, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by odoylerulez55 View Post
Thanks!! That's definitely within my price range!! I just want to contact someone there first to make sure it will work with Bee, the comparing "old halo's to their new bright ones" worries me that I'd be needing existing halo's, which I do not have. Also some of the reviews said that they need professional installation, which I was trying to avoid. Definitely looking into it though!!

post #5 of 11 Old 09-08-2011, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
I have a set of green halos rings that I purchased from AAC for $175 last year. I did not install them though...since I went with the OEM GM HID's with halo's instead...but they are in your price range. The install is a little tricky but still doable. Good luck!

And how do you get a 1.5 LT? My 1LT has every RS option added and all 2LT/2SS options except the heated seats...but she's still a 1LT.
You have a 1.5 too. LOL. It's a story from the dealership I bought her at. I didn't order her, she already came with 95% of the 2LT options, and I was joking with the saleswoman and I kept saying "So at what point do we consider it a 2LT?! What ELSE do I need??!!" So she got very serious and said we could consider it a 1.5, and of course I knew there was no such thing but I was joking anyway so I let it go. But yes, according to the "1.5" specifications, you have one too

post #6 of 11 Old 09-08-2011, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

While we're talking colors, I'm not sure if any of the colors other than just the white would look right. There are so many options though!

post #7 of 11 Old 09-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hathor View Post
Thanks!! That's definitely within my price range!! I just want to contact someone there first to make sure it will work with Bee, the comparing "old halo's to their new bright ones" worries me that I'd be needing existing halo's, which I do not have. Also some of the reviews said that they need professional installation, which I was trying to avoid. Definitely looking into it though!!
no prob... ive done business with them since ive owned my car and they have great products and a very helpful staff. They are the first company I suggest to anyone when they are looking for some lighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hathor View Post
While we're talking colors, I'm not sure if any of the colors other than just the white would look right. There are so many options though!
Its all personal preference, but you cant go wrong with white, it will look great

IBM 2SS/RS, M6, Blk Leather...
CAI, ARH Headers, Flowmasters, Diablosport tuned, Barton short-throw
Ordered 3/19 Delivered 8/12 VIN# 21970
94' Z28 sold 12/14/09
post #8 of 11 Old 09-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Remember, YOU won't see the halos very often. If it were me, I'd get something I would enjoy, not something only others will see.

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.
post #9 of 11 Old 09-09-2011, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotpa View Post
Remember, YOU won't see the halos very often. If it were me, I'd get something I would enjoy, not something only others will see.
This is true. I have it narrowed down to white or blue. It seems like the blue (in pictures at least) looks even brighter than the white. And I am a HUGE Transformers dork, and since the old school logos for the autobots were always red or red, white, and blue.........I'm leaning toward blue. But the jury is still out. I get paid next friday so I have a week to decide.

post #10 of 11 Old 09-09-2011, 12:18 PM

Fut a heads up IIRC blue is illegal so make sure you have a kill switch for the Halos .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page