Help with Speakers Boston Acoustics - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Electronics & Audio Stereo Components | Lighting | Radars | Alarms

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 09-14-2011, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

Help with Speakers Boston Acoustics

I am starting research on this now but I was wondering if anyone has had this problem. I got back from work for 2 weeks and started the car up. Everything electronic works fine except the speakers. Turn up the volume on radio cd mp3 whatever and no sound at all from the speakers.

I looked at the fuse for the amplifier and it looks good, but I am going to check it in depth in a few minutes.

Does anyone know where the amplifier is so I can check the plugs running to it? (found where this was on my first search of moderncamaro.com...so thanks to everyone for posting photos and information pertaining to the amplifier)

I really don't want to pull apart the dash to check connections, does anyone have recommendations to troubleshoot this problem? (connections on the amp seemed fine, i hope it's not wires or something behind the dash)

Thanks ahead.

Last edited by Big Poschmansky; 09-14-2011 at 09:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 09-14-2011, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

Well... I checked the fuses no problems, but found out all the problems are audio related so I think it's the amplifier. Back Up sensors audio, door open with key in ignition and lights on audio, stereo audio, and blinker/hazard lights audio do not make a single sound. Everything else works fine. I guess I will take it to the dealership tomorrow.
post #3 of 10 Old 09-15-2011, 07:10 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Prolly the amp, should hopefully be under the warranty still. 3 year 36,000 mile.

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6spd 426hp
December 2013 Member of the Month

post #4 of 10 Old 09-15-2011, 07:53 AM

Thier is a amp turn on wire. Check to so if you have pwr thier.I have the amp from my 2011 convertible if you need it. If its the same.
post #5 of 10 Old 09-15-2011, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

I am only at 2 years, 26,500 miles so the dealership should take care of it. I am waiting for them to call with news. Thanks for the offer Toddb, but you may want to hang on to it just in case.
post #6 of 10 Old 09-16-2011, 05:55 AM

cool hope you get it fixed soon.
post #7 of 10 Old 09-16-2011, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

Well first they thought it was a problem with the radio but they replaced it with a new one and no dice. So they swapped out the amp and it works fine. Should be picking it up here shortly.
post #8 of 10 Old 10-21-2011, 11:33 AM
ユキヒョウ

Just so ya know for future occurances. The BA amp is mounted behind the driver's side trunk liner thingy.

2019 1SS/1LE
post #9 of 10 Old 04-29-2015, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Poschmansky View Post
Well first they thought it was a problem with the radio but they replaced it with a new one and no dice. So they swapped out the amp and it works fine. Should be picking it up here shortly.
My 2010 Camaro with Boston system is having the same problem. Dealership replaced the radio which didn't fix the problem and they are now saying the amp is fine and there is a short somewhere. Should i try replacing the amp anyway?

Symptoms
Day 1 halfway to work the sound starts working
Day 2 3/4 way to work the sound starts working
Day 3 no sound at all turn signals, back up sensors, bluetooth, ect.

Where can i find a cheap amp to just test to see if it fixes the problem first?

Thanks in advance.
post #10 of 10 Old 04-29-2015, 12:36 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Again prolly the amp, it is located where Nancy said, pull up the trim along the trunk opening, just clipped in, then you can pull the carpet back it is almost behind the driver side tail light just a little lower. The plug is unique to GM so you would have to get a GM amp to test the theory. If you decide to change the amp you can get a harness that plugs in and wire in your own amp instead. SubThump - will have the harness and amps selection.

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6spd 426hp
December 2013 Member of the Month
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page