Front Speaker R&R - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Electronics & Audio Stereo Components | Lighting | Radars | Alarms

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 11-07-2011, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Front Speaker R&R

Removing the front stocks in my 2011 LS soon. Bought some MBQuart Components -

Not going to install my amp at this time, just R&R the front door speakers for now.

My question. Do I skip the crossover for now and just pull the stock tweet - plug in the new tweet, pull the stock 6.5" (modify cup to hold new 6.5") and plug in the new 6.5" and work with that?

Or do I need to find wires "X-Y-Z" and tap off them to the x-over and out to the new speakers from there?

Thanks in advance -

***Stereo parts already in possession: 2-Kicker Comp 10'[email protected], HiFonics Brucus 1200w ([email protected]), amp wiring, front door speakers, Alpine 4x50 amp - 50 sf. of 80 mil FatMat - all items new in box - just waiting for the time to do it right.

If anyone has replaced the rear 6x9's with either 6x9 or 6.5 (adapters), I'd love to hear recommendations and wattage used for them. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-08-2011, 06:18 PM
Premium Member

Garage
I remember a post on here somewhere that expalined with pictures how to R/R rear speakers and amp. BTW...Welcome!

2010 2SS/RS A6 L99 Born 09/16/2009 Vin#9146985
ModernCamaro Car of the Month Jan 2013
CAI,Axle back exhaust, V Max Throttle Body
post #3 of 4 Old 11-08-2011, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWD621 View Post
I remember a post on here somewhere that expalined with pictures how to R/R rear speakers and amp. BTW...Welcome!
Thanks for the welcome...

I'm pretty hip on how to remove them and even alter the existing speaker cups to hold the new ones ....

My concern was, in reading wiring diagrams I've found, it shows 2 wires (pos/neg) sent FROM HEAD UNIT (stock) to each speaker (Tweeter/Woofer) in the doors.

This would make it hard to feed the new Crossover 1-set of +/- wires for the input signal.

Can anyone verify the wires that I'll UNPLUG from the STOCK WOOFER (6.5") will be full-range and that would be the one I feed to the NEW crossover?

I've seen this done in other threads, but it doesn't jive with what the wiring diagrams I've seen that show a +/- wire sent to the tweeter and a +/- wire sent to the woofer FROM THE stock head unit.

The wiring diagrams could be inaccurate as well.

I guess I'd like to know where the wires that feed the stock tweeter come from. Since I'll be omitting them if I use ONLY the woofer wires to feed my new crossover.

post #4 of 4 Old 11-09-2011, 05:18 AM

Welcome from another Alabamian

2010 Camaro's are GM's best idea yet!!!!
2SS/RS Black on Black, M6 Sunroof
2012 Summit White ZL1, M6, Sunroof
"Thank you Champion Chevrolet!!!!" #1588[
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page