USB question - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Electronics & Audio Stereo Components | Lighting | Radars | Alarms

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 05-25-2012, 12:32 AM Thread Starter

USB question

Hello,

I have the C & C package and have had my car for 5 weeks. I've had no problems with my USB until last night. with the stick in, the USB mode never came on. Then, a "no supported data found. You can safely disconnect the device" message appeared. I leave my car and return in about 30 minutes and the USB mode reappears and everything is fine again. Then today, I remove then put back the stick, and the exact same thing happens.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

2012 1LT/RS AGM convertible M6

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 05-25-2012, 10:30 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calikenn View Post
Hello,

I have the C & C package and have had my car for 5 weeks. I've had no problems with my USB until last night. with the stick in, the USB mode never came on. Then, a "no supported data found. You can safely disconnect the device" message appeared. I leave my car and return in about 30 minutes and the USB mode reappears and everything is fine again. Then today, I remove then put back the stick, and the exact same thing happens.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

There are several revisions to the hardware/software for this...with the USB stick in and recognized, press and hold the menu button for around 5-10 seconds and it will show you what versions you have. Most have only reported complete resolution with the D versions.Then contact your dealer to arrange get a new PDIM module (hardware) and new software program for it... There is the off chance your module can handle a newer software version and get resolution that way...

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner

Last edited by hypurone; 05-25-2012 at 05:02 PM.
post #3 of 11 Old 05-25-2012, 12:22 PM
Veteran Member

It does that sometimes with my iPhone.

2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS ZEX Wet Shot, Typhoon 63 series CAI, DR Formato Tuned
JULY 2013 M.O.M winner!

post #4 of 11 Old 07-22-2012, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calikenn View Post
Hello,

Any thoughts? Thanks.
try formatting the USB drive then reinstalling the software. just plug the USB drive into your pc then open My Computer>right-click USB drive> click on format>then just make sure quick format is checked then hit ok. install music again. afterwards close the windows on the pc and tru and remove the USB drive and try again
post #5 of 11 Old 07-22-2012, 09:25 AM Thread Starter

Thanks agent. I just took out all 2500 files and put about 500 instead and all seems to be fine. I could look into this further I guess but the laziness factor comes into play!

post #6 of 11 Old 07-31-2012, 01:03 PM

With you last comment....call the dealer. I forget the exact number but the PDIM older software had issues with a high volume of songs.
post #7 of 11 Old 07-31-2012, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

Thanks BBQDude! Another member told me the latest version that I should have and I already have it, as confirmed by the dealership. Oh well...I'd just as soon turn it all off and listen to my exhaust! Thanks for your input...much appreciated.

post #8 of 11 Old 07-31-2012, 06:22 PM

I've had bad cheap no name USB memory sticks do this, and occasionally my Droid2 does that. Usually I can reboot the droid to get it back. But the cheap USB memory, I just said forget it.
post #9 of 11 Old 07-31-2012, 08:34 PM

quick question, I am thinking about converting over to the USB where I now only have the head phone jack...I want to stream blue-tooth with Pandora from my smart phone and use an memory stick as well..My question is this....Does the screen on the radio display the the file name that the memory stick is playing? Song and artist Etc? Thanks
post #10 of 11 Old 08-01-2012, 07:35 AM
Veteran Member

I have found that if I turn off the radio before I turn off the car, the USB works better.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page