Use built in mic in aftermarket unit? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Electronics & Audio Stereo Components | Lighting | Radars | Alarms

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 08-22-2012, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

Use built in mic in aftermarket unit?

Hey guys, just got my new 2012 Camaro and loving it!! Want to install a Kenwood DDX419 touchscreen system with built in bluetooth hands free phone calling and such, I noticed they tell you you need to run their mic to a spot in the car but cant I just wire in the existing mic in the car? is it an obviously cable plugged into the back of the stock radio now? I really want to replace the stereo but didnt want to go through the hassle of running a new mic especially when the stock one sounds great and is practically invisible

thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-22-2012, 09:18 PM

The mic that comes in the car has a different impedance than the parrot mic with the radio you can try it but most likely youll run into issues...

Custom installer 25 years in the game............ owner of Voo Doo Customs
post #3 of 7 Old 08-22-2012, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

ok, thank you, But is the mic connection obvious in the back of the stock radio? Like a standard 3.5 jack or something?

I really want to add the Alpine or Scosche in dash kit with a Kenwood touchscreen radio but really dont want to lose any of the features I have now in the car

post #4 of 7 Old 08-22-2012, 10:33 PM

The alpine kit is nice ..... As for the mic no 3.5 it has a seperate plug ill check for you tomorrow I believe it is in the smaller of the two harnesses

post #5 of 7 Old 08-23-2012, 06:08 AM
ユキヒョウ

I don't recall there being a seperate plug for the factory mic when I installed my alpine kit last week.

2019 1SS/1LE
post #6 of 7 Old 08-23-2012, 09:27 AM

Ok as far as a diagram my work computer will not let me email anything out of our system,but I do have info for you...... Pin 6 blue/black is neg. Pin 20 blue is pos. If you can pm a fax number I can fax a full print out to you.....

post #7 of 7 Old 08-23-2012, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the info guys!

I dont have access to a fax unfortunately, just email, its ok though, If I go ahead with the install I will bother you again, LOL

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page