'12 RS: Hands-free callling, iPhone 4s -- Problems - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Electronics & Audio Stereo Components | Lighting | Radars | Alarms

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 11-21-2012, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

'12 RS: Hands-free callling, iPhone 4s -- Problems

Anyone having problems with hands-free calling after bluetooth pairing with an iPhone 4s? When I view my "phone book" on the radio screen (after hitting "phone" button under the radio) all the nametags and phone numbers are listed alphabetically as they should be, but when I hit the "talk" button on the steering wheel and say (clearly) a nametag, the system just doesn't recognize it and I get all sorts of inappropriate messages (like "say help" -- which, by the way, doesn't come back with any help messages at all.

Any help/solutions would be appreciated!

Happy Turkey Day, y'all

Marshal Shlafer
2012 2LT/RS
MRT axle-back exhaust
K&N cold air intake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-22-2012, 10:00 AM
See You On Course

I have a '10, and I didn't really like the phone address interface so I just use my Siri button to make my calls. Not a solution to your problem, just an option.

2010 Stock IBM 2SS/RS

I found $80 in my jeans pocket. The kid in me said "buy nerf guns and candy!" But then the adult in me said "buy vodka, nerf guns and candy!"

post #3 of 4 Old 11-23-2012, 02:33 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshlafer View Post
Anyone having problems with hands-free calling after bluetooth pairing with an iPhone 4s? When I view my "phone book" on the radio screen (after hitting "phone" button under the radio) all the nametags and phone numbers are listed alphabetically as they should be, but when I hit the "talk" button on the steering wheel and say (clearly) a nametag, the system just doesn't recognize it and I get all sorts of inappropriate messages (like "say help" -- which, by the way, doesn't come back with any help messages at all.

Any help/solutions would be appreciated!

Happy Turkey Day, y'all

Marshal Shlafer
2012 2LT/RS
MRT axle-back exhaust
K&N cold air intake
When you sync'd it all did you sync with your voice?

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!

post #4 of 4 Old 11-23-2012, 02:51 PM
Veteran Member

Here is what happens on mine. Keep in mind I have a 2010.

Press "Talk" button.
Voice prompt says "Ready"
I say "Call Mom"
Voice prompt repeats "Call Mom" (replays word "mom" in my voice)
Voice prompt then confirms by asking me to say "Yes or No"
I say "Yes" and the call starts.

Keep in mind that there is a little chime or sound you have to wait for after the voice prompt and before you say your choice. Otherwise it won't catch.

Originally I had to voice my contacts in. I saw that I could type it in on the radio screen but I chose to use my voice. If OnStar is not active or not in a service area then I can't use the feature. And sometimes my phone decides not to be connected even when it is sync'd. So I have to go in on my phone menu and sync. One time that didn't work and I had to totally disconnect my phone from the system and then re-do it all and it worked fine after that. You have to make sure you are sync'd, connected, in a good service area, with active service, and do all the steps correctly. At least that's how I understood it from the owner's manual.

One other thing (sorry this is soo long). I may be wrong but think it uses different services depending on where you are and what is available. Some of the services might not be compatible with your cell providers service. You might have to look in to that. Again, it may be different on yours than it is on mine...

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page