Help with Halo / Eagle Eye / CCFL lights - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Electronics & Audio Stereo Components | Lighting | Radars | Alarms

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 11-27-2012, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

Arrow Help with Halo / Eagle Eye / CCFL lights

Hey guys!

I am looking for someone to help show me the light... literally! haha.

I have a 2013 Camaro 2LS with halogen lamps. I want to take out the entire headlights and install some new HID/Halo/Eagle Eye headlights.

The Halo's must be DRL/turned on at night too. (essentially, anytime my car is turned on, i would like the Halos to be on too)

My question is.. Which One?!

1) $399 for Headlight + colourshift halo V- 2.0
Chevrolet Camaro V.2 Fusion Colorshift halo kit (2010-2013)

2) DUAL CCFL Only $295. I would add a HID to this for $30. So total: $325
2010-2012 Chevy Camaro Black Dual CCFL Halo LH RH Projector Headlights Lamps | eBay

3) Single CCFL - $305
10-11 Chevy Camaro Black CCFL Halo Projector Headlights Driver Passenger Pair | eBay

4) Another Dual CCFL - but this looks totally different from the other one. $305
Chevy Camaro 10-12 Dual CCFL Halo Projector Headlights Black Left+Right | eBay

5) Flash tech again - but this is the Version 1.0. It is $70 cheaper, so $329 total.
Chevrolet Camaro V.1 Fusion Colorshift halo kit (2010-2013)

I have no idea which one to get.. In the pictures, they all look different, but do you think there will be that big of a difference?

Stuff I like:
CHEAP! I can't spend more than $400 total for my headlights/HIDs.
I like the bold, thick, halo. Compared to a cheap skinny one.
I cannot do the RS Halo's because they are too expensive
I have heard of retrofitting - but how much does that cost? My budget is $400.

Please help guide me in any direction possible.. Any input is greatly appreciated. And if you have any links to websites/ebay listing, please send them my way.

I am looking to purchase these headlights in the next 1-3 days so any input is a huge help to me.

Thanks everyone and have a fantastic day!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-02-2012, 09:25 PM

JD, I've done numerous halo installs for friends from dual color halos to full blown colorshifting kits...to include my own car. The first question that will help you decide what to get is this, do you want one color or many colors? Second, how durable do you want it? CCFL is a solid glass tube similar to neon so you don't see the "dotted" effect that you do with LED rings and has a solid smooth lighting appearance, however CCFL can't change colors and is more fragile. If any part of the glass tube breaks, you're done. LEDs are highly durable and come in solid colors or colorshifting (RGB for red, blue and green) models but if the ring isn't diffused you can sometimes see each individual bulb when up close. From further away it looks like a solid ring. Another question I would pose to you is are you looking to upgrade to HIDs or just want halos? If you just want halos, you can use your current headlights and rings can be installed in them whether CCFL or LEDs. Either one will work if you just want the "halo" look with lower cost. That's the "retrofitting" you are thinking about. If you just want a nice solid white halo and an upgraded HID bulb, I would search for Eagle Eye or Evotech headlights. Hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page