HUD issues on 2011 2LT - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Electronics & Audio Stereo Components | Lighting | Radars | Alarms

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 Old 05-09-2014, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

HUD issues on 2011 2LT

It seems that the digital readout display is cloudy on top and on other days its fine. This is during daylight and during night time. Other times it feels the display is bright enough to where it should be then on other days it just seems way too dim even though the knob is turned to max brightness. Anyone else have this issue?

2011 SummitWhite 2LT/RS (SOLD)
2010 Black 2LT/RS (ZLRS) (Current)
ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 05-09-2014, 04:33 PM
Veteran Member

mine quit completely at 2000 miles ,,, they replaced it and no issues yet ... I didn't notice anything it just went

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012
post #3 of 23 Old 05-10-2014, 09:45 AM
Support MC & Troops

None yet on me Shadow.. sorry, take it in and get it replaced update what you find out

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"

post #4 of 23 Old 06-10-2014, 07:49 AM Thread Starter

The Camaro is now at the dealership getting the HUD replaced. I asked about the possibility of upgrading it with the newer model Camaro HUD.. was informed by the Service Manager that it could not be done because warranty work would consider a different part number so they wouldn't be able to get it approved. Even if I paid the difference - they wouldn't budge. Should have the car back by this Fri morning.

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers.
post #5 of 23 Old 06-10-2014, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_2LT_SummitWhite11 View Post
The Camaro is now at the dealership getting the HUD replaced. I asked about the possibility of upgrading it with the newer model Camaro HUD.. was informed by the Service Manager that it could not be done because warranty work would consider a different part number so they wouldn't be able to get it approved. Even if I paid the difference - they wouldn't budge. Should have the car back by this Fri morning.
RS_2LT_SummitWhite11,

Glad to hear that you've taken it in for an official diagnosis and things are proceeding smoothly. Keep us posted on the outcome if you could .

Kindly,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Available 8:00 AM - 12:00 AM EST
post #6 of 23 Old 06-11-2014, 07:45 AM
Support MC & Troops

Quote:
Darn, I'll ask my people's.. once mine goes (probability its all same ).. hope its awhile tho.. did get me windshield (OEM) replaced yesterday.. I wonder how much those cost ?
Keep us updated.. on what goes on and how things turns out

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
post #7 of 23 Old 06-11-2014, 09:20 AM Thread Starter

Just received a call from the dealership. They found that the lens on the HUD needed to be cleaned with rubbing alcohol which did the trick. informed me that the visibility is now sharp again. Will pick it up later today and will see how it goes. Good thing the dash didn't need to be pulled!

post #8 of 23 Old 06-11-2014, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Just received a call from the dealership. They found that the lens on the HUD needed to be cleaned with rubbing alcohol which did the trick. informed me that the visibility is now sharp again. Will pick it up later today and will see how it goes. Good thing the dash didn't need to be pulled!
Perfect!

Sometimes the simple fix is all you need . Keep us posted!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

post #9 of 23 Old 06-12-2014, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy Customer Service View Post
Perfect!

Sometimes the simple fix is all you need . Keep us posted!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Picked up the car last night and the service manager decided he didn't like how the HUD display looked since it was still fuzzy on top. Apparently the service technician thought that by using rubbing alcohol it made the image brighter - but overlooked the fact that the display was still fuzzy. A new HUD is being ordered and will be installed once it arrives.

post #10 of 23 Old 06-12-2014, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Picked up the car last night and the service manager decided he didn't like how the HUD display looked since it was still fuzzy on top. Apparently the service technician thought that by using rubbing alcohol it made the image brighter - but overlooked the fact that the display was still fuzzy. A new HUD is being ordered and will be installed once it arrives.
Interesting,

Thanks for the information and keep us posted on the installation process .

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page