LED Fog lights - w/Projectors & OEM head-light-switch - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Electronics & Audio Stereo Components | Lighting | Radars | Alarms

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 05-29-2014, 05:52 AM Thread Starter
Support MC & Troops

Question LED Fog lights - w/Projectors & OEM head-light-switch

So here's the thought, let me know what ya all think..
At some point, getting a Stock OEM head-light switch from a 2011 LT1/2 or SS1/2 if the SS has the push switch like the LT1/2 has..
me 2013 does not have the push button on the head-light switch, I wanna use the push button on that switch, for a set of LED bars,
like you see people use.. for Fog lights, now days.
1a) can I use a older SS, switch, if it has the the push button or will I need to find a LT model ?
1b) if the only model that has that push switch is a LT1/2, will the power rating be the same on both "older & newer models" ? or V6 vs V8 models ?
1c) will their be a change in selections at the switch, between the two, count wise, mine has, witch is four total ?

Also.. can any one, that has a 2014 w/Projector's, tell me, what the out-put in power is on yours ?
2a) how many selections at your switch for lights.. have ?
2b) Does yours have a push button on the selector switch, if you have a V6 model.. I don't think, GM used the same switches on V8s,
(shadow does not) ?
2c) Anyone think the Projector light require more power, than the OEM power off a 2013 fog light ?

Thanks for any help.. I'll not be doing this project, unless I can find out more and find out some other factors after I find out if this is even possible.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 05-29-2014, 09:02 AM
Bully Proof

Garage
All non-RS models have the push button in the middle of the light switch so the fog lamps can be turned on/off and the RS models DO NOT have the push button...it has nothing to do with the SS or LT designation. And since those with RSs don't know what switch you're referring too...here's a visual aid...

And you'd definitely need to do some rewiring in order to make this work since your car doesn't have the fog lamps wired to the switch to begin with...currently your fog lamps/drls come on automatically.
post #3 of 13 Old 05-30-2014, 04:58 AM

I had same thought - buying the non-RS switch, for control over the DRL lights on my 2SS/RS. The unknown for me was the RS package has the HID Headlamps w/Halos, and as Envy states the wiring harness could be different, rather than just being controlled differently with the switch.

post #4 of 13 Old 05-30-2014, 06:23 AM Thread Starter
Support MC & Troops

Thanks Envy.. for the pic, that helps a lot Yea I was aware of the fog lights being on a different set up and the RS has it constant..
the non RS has the push button, witch both of the RS's never gets, I'm just wondering if I can run LED's on it (push button), this helps greatly,
now I know the SS1/SS2 (non-RS) models can use the same switch & not just limited to LT's
wrankin.. I do believe we have someone (sponsor) that makes a wiring harness, for what your looking for just not sure of who it is.. any more as its been awhile.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

*PROTESTING GM*

Last edited by hotrodhoodrat; 05-30-2014 at 06:27 AM.
post #5 of 13 Old 06-09-2014, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodhoodrat View Post
wrankin.. I do believe we have someone (sponsor) that makes a wiring harness, for what your looking for just not sure of who it is.. any more as its been awhile.

hotrodhoodrat - Thanks for the reply. I do have a harness that keeps the DRL's on all the time. I just thought it would be nice to have more control over them with a factory switch.
post #6 of 13 Old 06-09-2014, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
Support MC & Troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrankin View Post
hotrodhoodrat - Thanks for the reply. I do have a harness that keeps the DRL's on all the time. I just thought it would be nice to have more control over them with a factory switch.
Yea.. I agree, that's why I was thinking that the non-RS switch, would be the best way to go, its got 5 switch's, and the emblem is perfect for the fog lights
I just hope that the power requirements are the same on RS type as a non-RS ??
I thought at first, you were talking a bought doing, the kit, witch you already got.. (or your talking the stock wires)

Hopefully, someone has tried this or I might be the first, only time will tell, unless your willing to try.. or maybe theirs a way to use some of the Non-RS parts on a RS.. peace and
still keep the RS switch it self.. and add in just the button part of the switch....

*PROTESTING GM*

Last edited by hotrodhoodrat; 06-09-2014 at 03:16 PM.
post #7 of 13 Old 09-25-2014, 08:57 PM

Garage
I think I wanted to do the same thing. I got new fog lights with the RS DRL harness. Then I also got a switch so I could turn them on and off at will. If I could actually get the non-RS light switch but keep the functionality of the RS light switch too, that would be awesome and I wouldn't have to cut a hole for a new switch.

Any updates on the progress of this mod - hotrodhoodrat?

Semper Fi!

2013 Camaro Convertible 2SS RS Manual Trans NPP
post #8 of 13 Old 09-26-2014, 04:30 AM Thread Starter
Support MC & Troops

DjSker.. nope, been put on hold for a bit, need to find a wrecked 2013 LT1/1SS or buy the parts online, in order to see if they can be mixed together..
What I'm worried over the most is if the switch's match, I wanna get the (strip) fog L.E.D.s, instead of running the push button to run my factory fog lights.
Most likely, I'll have to run a separate switch to the strips as I think the auto is not used for non-RS models ?

*PROTESTING GM*

Last edited by hotrodhoodrat; 09-26-2014 at 04:34 AM.
post #9 of 13 Old 04-17-2015, 06:59 AM

Garage
hotrodhoodrat..........did you ever wind up doing anything with this?

Semper Fi!

2013 Camaro Convertible 2SS RS Manual Trans NPP
post #10 of 13 Old 04-19-2015, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Support MC & Troops

Not yet, need funds, plus waiting to check junk yards for parts.. sorry

*PROTESTING GM*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page