Questions on installing Led fog lights - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Electronics & Audio Stereo Components | Lighting | Radars | Alarms

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 07-30-2014, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

Smile Questions on installing Led fog lights

I have a 2012 SS with the RS package, and I think it looks weird with the LED halo lights and the yellow fog lights.

My question is pretty simple, how hard is it to put in a new bulb? Would I need to take the whole bumper off or just get under the bumper.

Also I'm not really sure the the DRL harness is, I know it makes the LED fog light run at night when your lights are on. I'm just not sure what it looks like or how to install it.

Camaro RS P13W Plasma LED Fog Light Bulbs (pair) w/ LIFETIME WARRANTY - fits all 2010, 2011, 2012, & 2013 Camaro RS-models (does not fit non-RS models)
Above is the site I'm ordered the LED lights from, my friends have used this site and said its legit so no worry's there just thought I would post the link.

Thanks in advance for any help I appreaciate it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-14-2014, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlezone396 View Post
I have a 2012 SS with the RS package, and I think it looks weird with the LED halo lights and the yellow fog lights.

My question is pretty simple, how hard is it to put in a new bulb? Would I need to take the whole bumper off or just get under the bumper.

Also I'm not really sure the the DRL harness is, I know it makes the LED fog light run at night when your lights are on. I'm just not sure what it looks like or how to install it.

Camaro RS P13W Plasma LED Fog Light Bulbs (pair) w/ LIFETIME WARRANTY - fits all 2010, 2011, 2012, & 2013 Camaro RS-models (does not fit non-RS models)
Above is the site I'm ordered the LED lights from, my friends have used this site and said its legit so no worry's there just thought I would post the link.

The Bulbs are very easy to install. I installed the bulbs and harness on my 2013 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS. Turn the front wheels all the way to the left, on the passenger side wheel well, remove three T15 (Torx) screws on the inner fender liner and pull back the liner slightly.

For the bulb, just twist counterclockwise and pull, and then disconnect from the plug. Take note of the tab sizes and notches in the housing so that you line up the tabs on the new bulb the same way.

For the harness, un-plug the existing connector attached to the front of the car above the DRL by pulling back the gray retaining clip, and pressing down on the tab and pulling. Plug the new harness in, in between to the existing male and female plugs, re-install the retaining clip, install the three Torx screws to fasten the inner fender liner, and you done. There are some nice photos here on Modern Camaro dot com website that show you exactly where the harness is located.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-14-2014, 08:47 PM

Also, since you have the 2012 RS, at some point for this model year they changed the bulb number from a P13W to a PSX26W. so I would recommend pulling one of the existing bulbs to check number before buying your LEDs. My 2013 has a PSX26W.

post #4 of 4 Old 08-15-2014, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlezone396 View Post

I sent you a PM.

2012 1LT/RS AGM convertible M6

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page