Technostalgia Tail light help - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Electronics & Audio Stereo Components | Lighting | Radars | Alarms

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 06-10-2015, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Technostalgia Tail light help

I have had the Technostalgia tail lights installed for about 3 years now and little by little, they have been breaking more and more. So far about 15-20 LEDs are burnt out but that is not my main problem. My pass side tail light does not do anything when I press the brake or use the right turn signal. The left turn signal works fine (middle picture). I put 2 new resistors in and checked all the fuses but they are still not responding to anything. The weird thing is, both tail lights work fine in "show mode". I have a switch that when flipped, in turns on show mode. I checked all wires and everything seems to be secure. Has anyone else had this issue? Pics are attached but it may be hard to tell what I am trying to show.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender (4).jpg
Views:	157
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	46377   Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender (3).jpg
Views:	162
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	46385   Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender (2).jpg
Views:	186
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	46393  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-11-2015, 07:01 PM

I never heard of these tail lights. Have you tried contacting them to see what they have to say about your issue?

2011 SummitWhite 2LT/RS (SOLD)
2010 Black 2LT/RS (ZLRS) (Current)
ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers.
post #3 of 6 Old 06-12-2015, 06:21 PM
Veteran Member

I have the Technostalgia taillights ... I thought I had a set of LEDs bad, so I contacted them and they had me send them back ... nothing was wrong with mine I found out ... I hadn't checked my wiring, which was my problem ... I would say contact them

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012

post #4 of 6 Old 06-13-2015, 09:47 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Had mine for four years and never had an issue except for moisture on one light. They sent me another right away.

I see more and more Camaro's with these tail light all the time.

I love mine.

Contact Todd at the factory where they are built, great guy.

2010 2SS/RS A6 L99 Born 09/16/2009 Vin#9146985
ModernCamaro Car of the Month Jan 2013
CAI,Axle back exhaust, V Max Throttle Body
post #5 of 6 Old 06-14-2015, 08:58 AM

Todd took care of my one issue I had with my first set which was the passenger side inner light fogging up. Sent me out a replacement and I sent the old one back to them.

Now I had to buy another set for my new SS which the dealership did not want me to remove them from the car. These have worked flawlessly since I've had them and the only issue I've had was the battery drain and once I disconnected the show mode wire for that, the issue with battery drain ceased. Love these lights!

I have 2 sets of OEM's in the garage which I plan to open up one set and place some LEDs inside to give an afterburner affect on that semi circle inside.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-15-2015, 12:12 PM
Premium Member

I installed these on my V6 vert. in Jan. Had intermittent problem with them almost from the start. Problem is, someone you know must be following you before you know there is a problem. Began working with them right away. Received two replacements a couple of weeks ago and returned the defective ones. So far so good. My problems were much different than MAC's, but Todd made it right for me. I love these lights!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page