DRL not working? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Electronics & Audio Stereo Components | Lighting | Radars | Alarms

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 10-12-2015, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

DRL not working?

2010 2SS/RSS, L99/A6
Just got the car a couple of days ago. When my wife backed it out of the spot at the dealership around dusk, the DRL (in lower bumper) were on. I have not seen them on since. The car has the HID headlights and does not have the foglight switch. I have turned auto light control on and off. I have pulled up to the glass in front of stores and they are not on when in gear with e-brake off. Any idea what to check for or is there a setting I am missing? Dealership replaced the battery after we made the deal so is there something I need to do?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3582 (2).jpg
Views:	83
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	47930   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3592.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	47938  

Last edited by fade94; 10-13-2015 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-13-2015, 07:35 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Might have a light sensor in the upper dash that went bad, make sure nothing is covering it. As long as vehicle is in gear they should be on.

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6spd 426hp
December 2013 Member of the Month
post #3 of 4 Old 10-13-2015, 08:10 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
and just to clarify, they will NOT be on when the headlights are on.... There is no setting you can change yourself for their behavior... When in auto light control, do the headlights come on automatically when it gets dark or in the garage etc? If the headlights are on in the garage and you shine a bright flashlight on the sensor on the dash, do they go out? If so, the daylight sensor is functioning and the problem is elsewhere...

Mine developed an odd behavior where it will ALWAYS turn the headlights/taillights and everything else on, no matter what, about 2 minutes after turning the key on! During the first two minutes I can control the behavior via the light sensor and get them to turn on & off. But after that even in broad daylight it doesn't matter, everything is on.... I have to toggle the auto control to off... Dealer can't figure it out. BCM has been replaced/reprogrammed, daylight sensor passes all tests etc....

Not that you want to get into it this far. But if they can't sort it out there are aftermarket harnesses that can get them to work. And get them to stay on when the headlights are on etc etc.... I use one to run my halos only! I no longer have DRL's on the car anyway.... If interested, google GEN5DIY....

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner

post #4 of 4 Old 10-14-2015, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

FIXED.
This plug was not plugged in. Can't help but feel it had help. It was not easy to seat into the plug and I just don't see how it could come out by itself.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3653.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	47946   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3654.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	47954  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page