Modern Camaro Forums banner

8th Annual Michigan FBody Meet & Greet 2012

2K views 13 replies 2 participants last post by  meissen 
#1 ·
Guess what time of the year it is! It's time to start planning your 2012 Car Show season! Back again for our 8th year in a row, the Michigan FBody Meet & Greet continues to get bigger and better!

Last year's show was a great success with over 400 FBodies at the show! Check out last year's photos here:
2011 Cruisin' Gallery

* NOTE: We were trying to build a tradition of having the Meet & Greet occur the first Saturday after Memorial Day. Unfortunately, a scheduling conflict with Bakers of Milford means we had to delay it one full week. This year's Meet & Greet is on June 9th.

What: 8th Annual Michigan FBody Meet & Greet Car Show
When: June 9th, 2012
Time: 8am to 4pm

We have a website devoted to our event information and registration too! You can find our website at:
Events - The Michigan FBody Association

Continuing with our tradition of having one of the best FBody events in the state of Michigan, our car show will continue to be free to enter. We do ask for those who come to the show and have a good time to drop a few bucks into the donation jar to show their support because putting the show together isn't free.

Register today at:

And after you're done registering, check out our Registration Map which shows the last person who registered from every zip code. Pretty cool way to see where people are coming from to come to the show!

So what are you waiting for? Register today!

See less See more
#5 ·
Only March 5th and we already have 115 pre-registrations in! With all the 5th gens hitting the street, the renewed interest in Camaros (and FBodies in general, much love for our Pontiac brothers!) just means the shows will keep growing and growing. :D

#6 ·
It's a windy day here in the D and we're blown away by how fast June 9th is approaching! If you're planning on attending, please be sure to get your registrations in! This will greatly help stream line getting people checked in for the show.

#7 ·
Only 190 pre-registrations with three weeks to go - we're a little lower than normal! Let's get some more support and enthusiasm going for the show - the weather is finally nice and it's a perfect time for a car show!

#8 ·
Wow - the registrations have been flooding in the past week! We've crested 230 registrations. The 5th gens are definitely taking the lead with most registrations!

Class - # of Registrations
Camaro: 1st Gen - 12
Camaro: 2nd Gen - 5
Camaro: 3rd Gen - 25
Camaro: 4th Gen - 63
Camaro: 5th Gen - 75
Firebird: 1st Gen - 2
Firebird: 2nd Gen - 4
Firebird: 3rd Gen - 5
Firebird: 4th Gen - 39

If you haven't pre-registered for our show yet, please do so! It makes our job a lot easier when you arrive because your windshield slip will be all set for you. :D

#9 ·
With less than a week before the show, registrations are still flooding in. Thank you to everyone who pre-registered for the show thus far. Saturday's weather is looking amazing at around 80* and mostly sunny.

Here's a count of the registration for each class we've received thus far:
Camaro 1st Gen - 12
Camaro 2nd Gen - 8
Camaro 3rd Gen - 31
Camaro 4th Gen - 69
Camaro 5th Gen - 84
Firebird 1st Gen - 5
Firebird 2nd Gen - 5
Firebird 3rd Gen - 5
Firebird 4th Gen - 51

If you still plan to register for the show, please get them in before Friday.

#10 ·
Wow - 296 registrations received! Thanks everyone! Today is your last chance to pre-register! Pre-registration will close tomorrow morning.

Goody bags were stuffed last night! Huge thank you to Becky and Joe from Rodgers Chevrolet for donating the goody bags for us to use. These are high quality bags that you can turn around and use to hold your detailing supplies in!

And a teaser of all the trophies for this year:

We have also adjusted the rules for trophies so that winners can only win ONE trophy. This should allow more people to win trophies. :D

If you haven't been paying attention to the weather -- they're predicting 85* and mostly sunny! Gorgeous weather for Saturday! Bring sunscreen!

#11 ·
*** CONSTRUCTION ALERT!!! ***

I-96 is under construction in the surrounding area, INCLUDING at the Milford Road Exit.

The poorly painted picture below is a representation of the entrance and exit points for people coming from the West / Grand Rapids area (IN BLUE) and for people coming from the East / Metro Detroit area (IN GREEN).

The two ramps in red are CLOSED. These two ramps are 1) West Bound Exit Ramp from I-96 to SOUTHBOUND MILFORD and 2) Southbound Milford Rd Entrance Ramp to Eastbound I-96. Ramp #1 does not affect any of us - we all will be going NORTH on Milford Rd. Ramp #2 affects Eastbound / Metro Detroit traffic. MDOT's detour is to go just past the entrance ramp you would normally use on the right and instead make a left turn from Milford Rd onto the entrance ramp which is normally meant for Northbound Milford Rd entrance to I-96 Eastbound.

IF YOU'RE COMING FROM THE WEST: Use exit 155 as normal. Turn left onto Milford Rd to go north. When heading home, turn right before you get to I-96 West.
IF YOU'RE COMING FROM THE EAST: Use exit 155B as normal. Turn right onto Milford Rd to go north. When heading home, your normal entrance ramp would be south of I96 on the right. This ramp is closed. Instead, JUST PAST the normal entrance ramp, you can turn left to get onto I-96 East.

Again - this is a poorly painted picture but it hopefully should get the point across.

#12 ·
Wow! Thank you everyone who came out to the Meet & Greet yesterday! We had very solid attendance yesterday with 291 vehicles. We realized in years past we must have been inflating our numbers a bit - this year we had a hand ticker my dad used while he greeted cars so it's as accurate as possible. It was definitely the largest turnout we've had yet -- filling half of the grass area in addition to the entire parking lot. Believe it or not, the event location can hold near 1,000 vehicles so we still have plenty of room to continue growing!

WOW can you guys believe all the ZL1s that were there?! As one user on MiFbody said, "Only at the Meet & Greet can there be more ZL1s than Firebirds..." LOL

I also compiled a thread for all the individuals and companies I wanted to thank for making the Meet & Greet happen -- it's a long post so I'll just link to it in case anyone wants to read:
Post Meet & Greet Wrap-up Thread

One part of yesterday which was a unique experience was while I was driving to my exam in the morning, I was driving down M59/Hall Road and then down Rochester Road and I saw a bunch of Camaros and Firebirds out -- especially around the M59/M53 meeting place. It was really humbling to be driving to my exam knowing that most, if not all, of the FBodies I saw out on the road were on their way to our Meet & Greet. That was a really great feeling.

Thank you guys again for coming out and supporting our show. The way I've always seen it is that anyone can buy trophies, sit in a parking lot and hope people show up -- that doesn't make a great car show. What makes a great car show is all the great people who come out and participate. The excitement, enthusiasm, anticipation leading up to the show from everyone who comes out is what makes the show a success. So thank you guys - I really appreciate it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.