Modern Camaro Forums banner

first speeding ticket

14K views 70 replies 40 participants last post by  83Hokie 
#1 ·
What is your first Speeding ticket with your new Camaro? how fast where you going and what was the speed limit?

#2 ·
Lets try this again since my computer froze.. Well, The fastest ticket I ever got was 72mph in a 55mph.. The fastest I was caught on radar was 162mph in a 55mph.. Its a long story and it was very stupid of me. But, no one got hurt and I won the lotto when I didnt go to jail that night..
:thumbsup:

#6 ·
No. There is a very straight long wide road by me that is empty around 330am on mondays and tuesdays. And I just let it out and I was the only one there.. I thought.. ;)

#7 ·
years ago hubby got nailed doing 240km (149mph) on his kawi zx7 and that got him a dangerous driving ticket not just a speeding ticket lol

#9 · (Edited)
fastest speeding ticket was 80 in a 70 in my truck. and the only time i have ever been caught for speeding is when i fail to plug my radar in! i just got a speeding ticket for going 55 in a 40 last week in the truck, half asleep going to work in the morning, they changed the speed limit signs and in one little section they reduced the speed from 50 to 40 overnight! :shakefist:

no speeding tickets in the camaro yet. i got a ticket for turning left at an intersection with "no left turn" in the camaro. cop said there was 2 signs, but i didn't see one of them; it was part of some construction they had just started on, so 2 bike cops were taking advantage of the fact no one really knew about the no left turn yet :shakefist:

i have gotten 3 tickets since moving to Tulsa 9 months ago, 2 speeding and the other was the left turn. when living in Texas i collected a total of 3 tickets in the 5 years i had been driving :no:

cops in OK are out to get you! and no getting out of the ticket through defensive driving or deferred judification like in Houston! just pay the $150 and if it's 10 over it goes on your driving record. :shakefist:x2

#13 ·
i have the same radar.

have you hard wired it in yet?

i mounted mine on the passenger side, just above the rear view mirror and loomed the 8' straight wire just underneath the headliner and passenger side A-pillar, then under the glove box, and wired it into the cig lighter outlet above the ipod jack. only turns on when the the car is on! the side panel of the center console pops out fairly easy.

#12 ·
I've been lucky as the only time I was pulled over in one of my "toys" was my GTO in the fall of 2008. This was in Northern VA in Tysons from a Fairfax cop. I had heard all sorts of horror stories about these guys, but this one was cool and told me to just slow it down. They still use B4C 4th gens there, too (but it was just a CV that got me).

I even have a picture of my stop:

#19 ·
I heard that when my daughter gets old enough to drive I know shes going to have a lead foot like me and a honda isn't going to make her go slow... but good thing I still got 15 1/2 years left to teach her to be responsble

#21 ·
This thread asks about your first ticket in the '10, do those **** cameras count? CCC said she was waiting for one in the mail, I'm wondering if they have the cameras in LA too, I got one in October, and another 4 weeks ago. Some of them are set at 11 mph over & some are 9 over, first one was for 74 ina 65 the last one was for 66 in a 55, both of them have been for 1 mph more than the camera would tolorate. I have been pulled over by a human though:
Rear-view mirror Automotive mirror Auto part Automotive exterior Vehicle

3 miles over in South Haven MI, no ticket, think he just wanted to see the car.

#25 ·
Yep, can't stand em:angry: Thanks:thumbsup:

RedJewel2SS no cameras here!!!
:finger:

Kitty we had a new law come into place oh a couple months ago called "speed on green" they are now using the red light camera's that got installed a few years ago to catch people speeding through green lights. it's freaking crazy what they are coming up with to nail people to the cross these days
We have had RED light cameras in intersections for a decade now, but green light cameras!?!:BangHead:

Jus cause the 'first ticket' seemed to get in here....
First Stop on the road- 14 tickets, 13 yrs old on a 1972 Bennelli 90cc trials bike. LOL, mom made me sell the bike to pay for the tickets.

#24 ·
we had a new law come into place oh a couple months ago called "speed on green" they are now using the red light camera's that got installed a few years ago to catch people speeding through green lights. it's freaking crazy what they are coming up with to nail people to the cross these days

#26 ·
my brother's first speeding ticket when he was 16 going 140 in a 55 in his 84 Z28... we picked him up from jail the next day, and my parents sold the car... he was only aloud to buy a mid size truck after that, so he bought a beat up Sonoma, and got speeding tickets in it too :lol:

#30 ·
What is to be scared of, most of the time you get pulled over it is for a reason, even if you do not agree with the reason, 90% of cops are just doing thier job. Treat them as a peace officer with a little respect, whether they ticket you ar not. I have found not trying to BS & accept that you were (probably) wrong gets a warning more than anything else. Besides they are taking a picture of you when they pull you over!

#34 ·
In my 2003 Eclipse a few years ago on my way home (a 14 hour drive), I was driving about 120, I was in some kinda zone you get in when driving loooong half+ days drive and you don't even know you're doing it....I finally popped back into reality and was like wtf just happened? (Anyone else ever experience this?); and I rapidly slowed down but at about 91mph and dropping rapidly, some...flyby speed monitor caught me at 91mhp in a 65mph zone and the cop was about a half mile down the road and stopped me. He lowered me to 89 in a 65 so that I didn't have to come all the way back to Ohio to go to a court hearing.
I'm military police so I looked it up in DCI actually, the other day..and my record is clean. Along with my gf's who's going to be military police shortly.

#36 ·
yeah, I hate pulling people over and they act like they didn't do anything wrong and will completely deny what I had pulled them over for and then resort to "who's your commander? I wanna talk to your commander!" It's funny cuz if they were to talk to my commander my commander would congradulate me for doing my job.
Not every cop is a "snake in the grass", the idea is to deter the problem; such as speeding or not stopping when required, it's a danger to other peoples lives as well as your own, you should rather see being pulled over and possibly ticketed as a sign of generosity rather than someone trying to power-trip on you for WHAT YOU DID WRONG in the first place. Don't hate....appreciate.

#37 ·
a couple years ago i was driving to meet my brother after he just drove 10 hours to see me (we live in two different provinces) and i was going too fast on one of the secondary hiways. didn't even notice how fast i was going till a ghost car passed me. my bf even said i think that was a cop, i looked at the odometer and ya i was a good 20 km over the speed limit so i just pulled over waiting for the cop to turn around and get to me. when he got to me i had the truck on the side of the road and my insurance and regi ready for him. he came up to me and asked me why i was going so fast so i was completely honest with him and told him that i was excited to see my brother who had just been on the road for 10 hours and i was bringing him back to our house cuz he didn't know where our new house was. he went back to his patrol car, did his thing, came back to me laughing and said he's never had someone be so honest with him about why they were speeding and let me off with a warning but told me to slow down. it's amazing the differnce it an make when you admit to your mistakes and just deal with it

#38 ·
I have had that happen a couple of times, I think it must be refreshing to come up to some one and they are just ready and prepared with no argument, I know I would hate my job if every time I talked to some one they acted like I was accusing them. Thats why I say don't give them any greif, if you really think you were in the right go to court and argue it, that is what the court is there for, the cop is just out there doing what they get paid to do.

It is kinda hard when they wont let you out of your drive way though:eek:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Windshield

:lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.