I have several problems with my new 2010. Any input would be great! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
General Technical Discussion General 5th Gen Tech
Anything that doesn't fit in one of the above categories goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 51 Old 04-06-2010, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

I have several problems with my new 2010. Any input would be great!

Hi, I have had my new Camaro since mid February and am noticing several different things happening and was wondering if anyone else is having the same problems or knows anything about them. Currently my car only has 1,700 miles on it if that matters to anyone.

1. every once in a while I hear a very high pitched whine sound, but cant tell where its coming from.
2. my radio cuts in and out sometimes for a quick second. but not very often
3. when pumping gas, it seems that the way the car is built it makes the pump think the tank is full and auto stop the gas from flowing.. its very annoying trying to fill my tank because I have to hold the pump at a perfect angle in order to keep the gas flowing.
4. a couple times now, when i roll up my passenger window, it rolls half way up then rolls back down.
5. I plugged in my iPhone to the USB and it completely locked up my radio. i couldn't even turn it off or change anything until i pulled over and shut off the car then restarted it.
6. randomly when streaming music over bluetooth, the audio levels cut way down so in order to hear the music i had to have the volume full blast and even then it was hard to hear. again, after i restarted the car it was back to normal.

Anyway, all that said.. I love this car! it is a lot of fun and it gets a lot of attention. if anyone could give me your input on any or all of these issues, i'd really appreciate it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 Old 04-06-2010, 06:28 PM

I'm probably not gonna be much help, but if you are listening to XM when the radio cuts out, it's probably the satellite signal being briefly blocked. It happens to mine all the time, but only on XM. As far as the gas issue, you probably don't have the nozzle all the way in. I've noticed that problem once or twice with mine, I pushed the nozzle all the way in and it solved it. Sorry I can't help you with your other issues as I haven't experienced them myself...hope that was a little helpful.

~ Dreams do come true ~
post #3 of 51 Old 04-06-2010, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnm3 View Post
I'm probably not gonna be much help, but if you are listening to XM when the radio cuts out, it's probably the satellite signal being briefly blocked. It happens to mine all the time, but only on XM. As far as the gas issue, you probably don't have the nozzle all the way in. I've noticed that problem once or twice with mine, I pushed the nozzle all the way in and it solved it. Sorry I can't help you with your other issues as I haven't experienced them myself...hope that was a little helpful.
Hey Shawn, thanks for the response. i think you're right about the XM.. it probably has only been happening while I'm using that. as for the Gas, i've tried everything.. i push it in as hard and far as i can, but no matter what it always cuts off the gas very quickly.. the only way to keep in flowing is to hold it almost straight up and down but i cant just leave in the the car and walk away, plus if i change the angle at all it cuts off the flow again.. which is definitely getting annoying. I may bring it back to the dealer and see if there is anything they can do about that.

post #4 of 51 Old 04-06-2010, 07:19 PM

yeah, if you've already tried everything else, your best bet is taking it to the dealer and let them figure it out and mention the other problems to them while it's there...nice car by the way

~ Dreams do come true ~
post #5 of 51 Old 04-06-2010, 07:19 PM
sdk
Veteran Member

Garage
Lots or trees or some buildings will block the XM signal for a second or two.

2017 Camaro SS
South Carolina
post #6 of 51 Old 05-04-2010, 07:18 AM

I had the same problem with my iphone. I just figured that the iphone had too much going on and "confused" the system. I started using my ipod instead and haven't had any problems at all.
post #7 of 51 Old 05-04-2010, 07:27 AM

Never had any of those problems. On the gas I use the slowest tab out of habit, but when I have used faster I've had no problems. I let XM go could not justify the the cost and my Iphone has had no problems on bluetooth or plugged in. If I were you I would take it to the dealer and let them take a look.

Black 2SS/RS 6M ordered 5-23-09 : 3000 9-4-09: TPW-9-28-09 : VIN# 10-6-09 : Received 10-28-09 Perma Grin since
post #8 of 51 Old 05-04-2010, 07:43 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
As far as the window messing up in the owners manual it tell you how to reset the window.. this should take care if it.

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #9 of 51 Old 05-04-2010, 10:23 AM

I have the gas nozzle issue as well, I have to apply continuous pressure and keep the angle right. At least I know I'll never forget it's in and try to drive off. My kid's '10 Mustang is "capless" and much easier to fuel but not near as fun to drive.
post #10 of 51 Old 05-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckduck View Post
I have the gas nozzle issue as well, I have to apply continuous pressure and keep the angle right. At least I know I'll never forget it's in and try to drive off. My kid's '10 Mustang is "capless" and much easier to fuel but not near as fun to drive.
someone on another forum spent $2800 just to put a capless fuel filler in his camaro

April 2010 Member/Car of the Month

Gone but not Forgotten!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page