Long Tube Headers - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
General Technical Discussion General 5th Gen Tech
Anything that doesn't fit in one of the above categories goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 08-23-2010, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

Long Tube Headers

Hey everyone. I was hoping someone could help me find a nice easy to follow instructions for changing out my stock headers for Long Tube with High Flow Cats. I am going to stay with stock cat back for now because I had the mufflers deleted and it sounds great.

If anyone has any ideas for the instructions let me know.

Thanks

Texas Speed 1 7/8 LT Headers, Texas Speed High Flow Cats, Magnaflow 3 inch Cat Back Exhaust, SNL V2 Comp CAM, Texas Speed Underdrive Pully, G5CR CAI, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, JetFlo Mass Air Sensor
My car is exactly that; No one has to like it but me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 08-23-2010, 10:08 AM
Veteran Member

It's pretty easy...the only things you have to remove are the plugs/wires, the steering shaft (1 bolt) and 02 sensors.

You basically remove the stock manifolds and cats...and replace with the new parts. I was told better to re-use the stock gaskets if they are still in good shape, just give them a quick cleaning.

Obviously easier on a lift, but not too bad in your drive-way. Headers will drop in from the top.

Just make sure whatever LT's/cats you buy, that they bolt up to your stock cat-back, it should bolt right up, no cutting or anything like that...although be warned, with your mufflers deleted, it's gonna be LOUD and you're gonna get a lot of drone.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.

Last edited by POWERFREAK; 08-23-2010 at 10:17 AM.
post #3 of 20 Old 08-23-2010, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

Thanks.

I get alot of Drone now. The only thing that changed is I have to turn the radio up two more notches than before muffler delete.

I want Loud. I have some butt head neighbors that need to be taught a lesson. I leave for work at 0515 every morning and three days a week I get home after midnight. I can't wait.....

Texas Speed 1 7/8 LT Headers, Texas Speed High Flow Cats, Magnaflow 3 inch Cat Back Exhaust, SNL V2 Comp CAM, Texas Speed Underdrive Pully, G5CR CAI, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, JetFlo Mass Air Sensor

post #4 of 20 Old 08-23-2010, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

Hey what is the most noticeable difference between 1 3/4 inch and 1 7/8 inch headers?

post #5 of 20 Old 08-23-2010, 03:01 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMCowboy View Post
Hey what is the most noticeable difference between 1 3/4 inch and 1 7/8 inch headers?
more hp from 4000rpm to the rev limit!

April 2010 Member/Car of the Month

Gone but not Forgotten!
post #6 of 20 Old 08-23-2010, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

I can get a great deal on 1 3/4 inch headers with cats. I just want to know if the HP gain is minimal or will it make a huge difference?

post #7 of 20 Old 08-23-2010, 08:24 PM
Veteran Member

if you can save a bit of $$$ w/ the 1-3/4, I'd say go for it. They'll probably even make a little more low-end power, but the 1-7/8's will make more over-all. I don't think the difference would be that much to make me want to drop a lot more $$$ though.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #8 of 20 Old 08-24-2010, 08:00 AM Thread Starter

Awsome! Thanks for the help and information. Ordering the 1 3/4, ceramic coated with cats tomarrow. Hopefully I will get them by next weekend.

post #9 of 20 Old 08-24-2010, 09:49 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMCowboy View Post
Awsome! Thanks for the help and information. Ordering the 1 3/4, ceramic coated with cats tomarrow. Hopefully I will get them by next weekend.
what brand?

give MarylandSpeed a call and tell them your a forum member... they have crazy discounts on ceramic coated Kooks headers!

April 2010 Member/Car of the Month

Gone but not Forgotten!
post #10 of 20 Old 08-24-2010, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

Pacesetter 1 3/4 inch LT Headers Ceramic coated + Cats and free shipping for $740 I have looked around and this is one heck of a deal.

I handn't heard of this brand so I did some checking up on them and I could not find but one negative review and it was because the guy had trouble putting them on. Everyon said they love the sound they give and performance boost.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page