Any one have any experience W/ Amsoil ? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
General Technical Discussion General 5th Gen Tech
Anything that doesn't fit in one of the above categories goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 09-28-2010, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

Any one have any experience W/ Amsoil ?

The shop I have the closest relationship [ other than the dealer ] pushes Amsoil synthetics.I'm comog up on my 3rd Oilchange & want to switch all fluids to Synthetice.I read the thread about using the G.M. friction modifier & will insist on that. Just don't know much about Amsoil.I've read tons on this site,as well as MobilOne's site. Just curious if Amsoil is yet another MFGR,like Royal purpke, Etc. All supposeddly great products. Thanks, usmc52
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 09-28-2010, 08:02 PM
www.camaroscotty.com

Garage
http://www.worldsbestoil.ca/dyno-test.php

http://www.camaroscotty.com
YAHOO IM:
CamaroScotty / FACEBOOK: Camaro Scotty
post #3 of 16 Old 09-28-2010, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Camaro Scotty. That was a very informative atricle & puts. my mind at ease as to Amsoil isn't just another " fly by night" oil Mfgr. usmc52

post #4 of 16 Old 09-29-2010, 01:43 AM

i've been using it in my last 2 bikes.
post #5 of 16 Old 09-29-2010, 04:34 AM
www.camaroscotty.com

Garage
I've used it in a few cars, including one turbo. Very pleased.

http://www.camaroscotty.com
YAHOO IM:
CamaroScotty / FACEBOOK: Camaro Scotty
post #6 of 16 Old 09-29-2010, 06:10 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc52 View Post
Thanks Camaro Scotty. That was a very informative atricle & puts. my mind at ease as to Amsoil isn't just another " fly by night" oil Mfgr. usmc52
Hmm. That was pretty much a big advertisement. You'll get mixed reviews on it, in real life. I'm not a fan of their pyramid-like (they go to great lengths to convince you it's "multi-level-marketing", however) selling scheme. Got to remember the founder also was part of the Amway marketing model too. So take that for what it's worth.

It is one of the few true PAO oils out there. But their marketing is more like a non-republican attack ad...note they're ALWAYS knocking other oils rather than simply touting their own successes. Kinda backwards to me.

But none of the OE's use it, or has ever used it, as factory fill. The Amsoil zombies will espouse ad nauseum about the reason why as Mobil 1 practically gives it away...and on and on...blah blah- standard Amsoil talking points. Fact is, they DON'T nor ever have. In my mind, by hook or crook, but the consumer perception is OE factory use can "legitimize" an oil.

Amsoil is good, but it's not a panacea as they'd like you to believe. Buy some and try it yourself and if you like it, then that's all that matters.

2010 2SS/RS Auto, Sunroof, Engine Cover. Transformer Edition package.
2013 ZL1 ragtop #5478. 1 of 54 CRT M6 'verts.
post #7 of 16 Old 09-29-2010, 06:26 AM
Veteran Member

i'm gunna stick with Mobil1 in my Camaro. i'll leave those "boutique" oils to the serious racers.

April 2010 Member/Car of the Month

Gone but not Forgotten!
post #8 of 16 Old 09-29-2010, 07:20 AM

Quote:
i've been using it in my last 2 bikes
Awesome oil for my Harley! Used it for 6 years now, but no experience in Camaro usage.
post #9 of 16 Old 10-06-2010, 02:48 PM
Veteran Member

All I know is that they have salespeople everywhere, posting on forums and newsgroups, or at least it seems that way. Maybe I'm getting them confused with Amway.

Still legal in 16 states. It's happy. It's fun. It's Happy Fun Car.
Do not taunt Happy Fun Car.
post #10 of 16 Old 10-06-2010, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

el ess Ex, I'll look into it deeper. If It has anything to do with Amway. ,I'll Cease & Desist immediately.Amway is this countries biggest ripp-off. Because their name sounds alike,will not make me Diss them on 1 persons opinion. I make decisions on research from many searches. No offense to you. Like any smart person, we look into the info presented to us & form our own opinions. Thanks for the info.USMC52. As the leaders before me taught,assess the target,before deploying human asset's.

Gen 5 Camaro's Borla exhaust,ZL-1 shifter,Retro USA bumpers,hood cheese graters & rear gill strakes,ZL-1 low restriction A/F & 1LE strut tower brace.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page