Traction facts - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
General Technical Discussion General 5th Gen Tech
Anything that doesn't fit in one of the above categories goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 05-15-2012, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Traction facts

I recently purchased a 2010 SS 6 spd, Ithis is my first performance car and I have heard and seen a lot to do with so called ideas or opinions for better traction. I would really like an idea before major up mods begin on what is a relatively budget friendly solution. Any help would be great or opinions just want some more info. My car is bone stock and massive burnouts and wheel hop are an issue thx!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-15-2012, 11:18 PM

I think what would really help is letting us know what the cars intended use is? Is it going to be a daily driver that occasionally see's the dragstrip or are you going to want it to turn?

There are many ways to help with your traction problems from suspension to tire selection, a lot of it just depends on what your cars main usage is going to be and budget.
post #3 of 6 Old 05-16-2012, 06:41 AM Thread Starter

I work in the oilfield and drive a company truck most of the time so its more of a toy than anything. However I live in Kansas and we done have many winding roads around here. I'm very mechanicaly inclined i am a grad from wyotech but I have always been a big truck Guy. So mostly just drag and street straight line use. Don't want to go all out on the suspension at the moment just help with wheel hop and get a lil more to the ground that's all before I start making HP mods exhaust and so on

post #4 of 6 Old 05-16-2012, 08:12 AM
See You On Course

Hey Rutt! Make sure you drop by the Kansas Roll Call Thread in the Midwest Regional section and say HI! I'm in Wichita, what city in KS are you in?

I'm curious about what people say about your wheel hop as well. I just bought my 2010 2SS 3 months ago. I'm at 45k miles on it, and wonder if the suspension is getting old. And who knows what the previous driver did with it?

Here's a link to the Kansas thread, in case you don't want to search for it:
https://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/mi...roll-call.html

2010 Stock IBM 2SS/RS

I found $80 in my jeans pocket. The kid in me said "buy nerf guns and candy!" But then the adult in me said "buy vodka, nerf guns and candy!"

post #5 of 6 Old 05-16-2012, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutt_SS10 View Post
I recently purchased a 2010 SS 6 spd, Ithis is my first performance car and I have heard and seen a lot to do with so called ideas or opinions for better traction. I would really like an idea before major up mods begin on what is a relatively budget friendly solution. Any help would be great or opinions just want some more info. My car is bone stock and massive burnouts and wheel hop are an issue thx!
Well the burnout issue is an easy fix, let your foot off the gas lol but
maybe some control arms or subframe connectors would help.
Try LMP or even a vendor on the right ----->
post #6 of 6 Old 05-17-2012, 07:59 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
The primary components that need upgrading to reduce wheel hop are:

1. Trailing Arms
2. Toe Arms
3. Cradle Bushings/Re-Enforcement
4. Differential Bushings

These will improve traction by reducing hop but every tire has its limit. So you may find yourself looking for a stickier solution than the Pirelli's...

Be forewarned that improving traction a bunch can wreak havoc on your axles (read: break them) with repeated hard launches. So it may not be long til you seek an upgrade for a broken one...

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page