light in front end at high speed - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
General Technical Discussion General 5th Gen Tech
Anything that doesn't fit in one of the above categories goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 05-19-2012, 09:00 AM Thread Starter

Garage
light in front end at high speed

when broken in i decided to see how fast it would go, i got up early 2 a.m. (lots of trucks out at this time you have to avoid, get outa my way!) and took it out on rt 495 at 135mph the front end started to feel real light and was hopping over bridge expansion joints was scared to see how fast i could go as there was plenty more gas pedal left in her (took it to 139mph) would a front lip spoiler help with this? i put a rear spoiler on since but just haven't tried again, want to get it to smooth hwy up in nh and open up again ( wish i lived near arizona), do the v8 guys have this with the extra weight of the v8? how fast have you v6 owners got them to go?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-19-2012, 09:20 AM

I didnt know a V6 would do 139.

NEVER OUTSMART COMMON SENSE
I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSITUTE MY OWN
post #3 of 8 Old 05-19-2012, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

Garage
back when they were coming out they were said to have a top speed of 159mph and i think it can do it

post #4 of 8 Old 05-19-2012, 10:28 AM
Bully Proof

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACESFULL View Post
I didnt know a V6 would do 139.
It can do that and more...I've heard...lol
post #5 of 8 Old 05-20-2012, 07:44 AM Thread Starter

Garage
its tough up here in the north east to find smooth flat roads texas must be fine for flyin
post #6 of 8 Old 05-20-2012, 09:29 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac877 View Post
do the v8 guys have this with the extra weight of the v8?
Not really noticeable at that speed but more so at the higher speeds (150+) when stock... After lowering via Pfadt coilovers with higher damping rates my car is rock solid to scary fast speeds (no speed limiter)... All on the track of course....

This is an aerodynamic effect of the air pressure at higher speeds under the car and pretty lame strut/shock damping rates. Your V6 sits a lot higher than a V8 which doesn't help. While a splitter will help to a degree, lowering the car and improving the damping rates will have much more effect....

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
post #7 of 8 Old 05-24-2012, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

Garage
hows it working with handling mine with good sneakers on her is like a cat on velcro id hate to lose that but i figured its cuz to much air was getting under so it make sense but the roads up hear are so bad that id tear the bottom out im afraid, i have to wait till they fill all the potholes and the frost heaves are gone till i take her out again after the winter
post #8 of 8 Old 06-11-2012, 11:10 AM

One additional tip to consider is when you get going at those speeds and you either let up on the gas pedal quickly or start braking quickly the rear end can get pretty loose because all of the weight will transfer to the front. I experienced this in my 2SS (LS3 Manual Trans) when I was at 140mph and then let up quickly on the gas I could feel the rear end get loose due to all of the weight transfering to the front end. This could cause you to start fish tailing easier if you tried to steer quickly or something while the rear end was loose.
Just an FYI for you to keep in mind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page