TSB - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
General Technical Discussion General 5th Gen Tech
Anything that doesn't fit in one of the above categories goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 06-22-2012, 01:50 AM Thread Starter

TSB

So while I was in KY went to dealership to get my driver seat lever fix. The handle that lets your back seat passenger in/out. Thankfully they looked it up and it was a TSB so I did not have to pay for it. I could swear though the dealer here in KS was trying to get me to pay for it, anyways...
Wonder if there were more TSB that i should know about or even recalls cuz all cars do. So here is a link
Chevrolet results under Recalls & TSBs | AutoMD
Might be useful, hope it helps someone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-22-2012, 08:59 AM
See You On Course

Bookmarked! Thanks!

2010 Stock IBM 2SS/RS

I found $80 in my jeans pocket. The kid in me said "buy nerf guns and candy!" But then the adult in me said "buy vodka, nerf guns and candy!"

post #3 of 7 Old 06-22-2012, 09:21 AM
Bully Proof

Garage
I've been to my dealership several times for this same issue (the GM at the dealership couldn't even get the seat to operate properly) and I've never been offered any kind of fix. It looks like I'll be back at my dealership on Monday morning because I'm tired of looking like an idiot every time I try to put someone in the back seat.

Thanks to the OP for the thread. I already had the link to the TSBs but I haven't taken the time lately to read through them...so I guess it's time for me to catch up.

post #4 of 7 Old 06-22-2012, 02:30 PM

TSB's are not recalls, and the dealership is not obligated to fix it for free if your warranty is expired. I found this out the hard way a few years ago.

2010 Camaro 1SS/RS CGM A6
post #5 of 7 Old 06-22-2012, 04:48 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
I don't think anyone expects free work after their warranty expires and no one ever even mentioned a recall. I still have plenty of warranty time left and have been asking for a fix for my seats since 3 months after I bought the car which is when I finally took possession of it.
post #6 of 7 Old 06-22-2012, 06:20 PM

Ok, my bad then. I guess I misunderstood what you were saying. I would think that the dealer should replace whatever is broken if it's still under warranty. I know my dealership would bend over backwards to make something like that right.

2010 Camaro 1SS/RS CGM A6
post #7 of 7 Old 06-25-2012, 09:05 PM
See You On Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeru View Post
Ok, my bad then. I guess I misunderstood what you were saying. I would think that the dealer should replace whatever is broken if it's still under warranty. I know my dealership would bend over backwards to make something like that right.
Funny how the opposite is the dealership bending you over forwards...

2010 Stock IBM 2SS/RS

I found $80 in my jeans pocket. The kid in me said "buy nerf guns and candy!" But then the adult in me said "buy vodka, nerf guns and candy!"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page