Is there a rear seat delete kit made? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
General Technical Discussion General 5th Gen Tech
Anything that doesn't fit in one of the above categories goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 08-26-2012, 06:04 AM Thread Starter

Is there a rear seat delete kit made?

Or has anybody modified their 5th G.
so it has no back seat? So far, after many searches here and other forums, I didn't find any posts.

I know, I know, the drag strip guys do it, but I want to know about converting it into something that looks factory, sorta like a Corvette.

Right now I have my rear seats out due to modifications in which the rear deck panel had to be removed which require the rear seat to be removed. So this got me to thinking, hey, nobody ever sits back here, so why have it?

I have a very accurate shipping scale and could post the exact weight of them, that has been done already I know.

I have seen one youtube of a guy that made a custom panel to house about 8 subwoofers. That is the only one I saw, I might want a subwoofer some day but am for now just thinking about making a panel to fit over the seat bench area and than using same type of carpet to cover it so it looks stock.

If I make a panel, or put the back seat back it, I'd add some sound deadening stuff cause as it is, I can clearly hear the fuel splashing around.

So, anybody out there done it and I just missed it or is there a kit for this? I bet the aftermarket dudes are going to start doing them if not already. I am quite capable of making one myself as I have an overarm table pin-router. But I always look around at what others have done for ideas so I don't end up having to do it over again. I'd appreciate any links or pics please, evan of those done by the drag racers.

Last edited by BUZZS20122LS; 08-26-2012 at 06:09 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-26-2012, 08:24 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Let me google that for you

easy peasy!

The fist link is what I have found and looked at before. None of them are very aesthetically pleasing though IMO....

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
post #3 of 3 Old 05-03-2013, 12:19 PM

Its very easy dude to find the back seat just concern the amazon i hope your problem is solved about the seat and i do not have much idea that about the shipping scale..

Prime Scales|
Shipping Scale Shipping Scale

Last edited by uaeo999; 11-18-2013 at 09:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page