Braided Stainless Steel Hoses? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
General Technical Discussion General 5th Gen Tech
Anything that doesn't fit in one of the above categories goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 Old 07-06-2013, 05:19 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Question Braided Stainless Steel Hoses?

I just got my catch can (I don't need any comments on the can itself, I've read all the back and forth and decided I was going to do it) and I'm not real fond of the rubber hose. I am thinking about replacing it with the stainless steel braided hoses, but wanted to see if the forum has any comments on those in general. I am also considering replacing other hoses, so please feel free to expand into other hoses, if there is any difference? I know they are said to be stronger (I think this to be true, but if not, tell me), but are there other benefits? Are there negatives? Difficulties in fit? Any favorite suppliers? What variations are there in cost? Anything else? Also, not really interested in comments on maintaining originality, since it is an option that can easily be reversed (as is almost everything I have done to date). TIA

also, are there variations in what you can buy? colored? Different braid patterns? Different strip widths? TIAA

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012

Last edited by 83Hokie; 07-06-2013 at 05:22 AM. Reason: added last line of questions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 07-06-2013, 06:20 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
If you use all the correct fittings it will look amazing. But to do it right its costly.

2013 LT2/RS, Crystal Red Metallic, TAZ Jr.
2016 H-D Ultra Classic, Black Fire Purple, (PPE)
2015 H-D Street Glide, Superior Blue. (Old Blue) Traded
2012 Big Horn, RAM, Crew Cab, SLT, Dark Cherry Red Pearl (Betty Boop)
1998 Honda Accord 2d, daily driver.
post #3 of 25 Old 07-06-2013, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo View Post
If you use all the correct fittings it will look amazing. But to do it right its costly.
we are already looking at a money pit on mods, so it might as well look good ... I really want to get my plans in line on some long tubes headers, but it is sounding like good old VA is going to keep me from doing that

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar

post #4 of 25 Old 07-12-2013, 09:51 PM

It's not like the line is gonna be pressurized. The flimsy rubber hose is just fine for what it's going to do.
post #5 of 25 Old 07-13-2013, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotekiller View Post
It's not like the line is gonna be pressurized. The flimsy rubber hose is just fine for what it's going to do.
ya I know, I just didn't really like the idea of more plain rubber hoses ... kind of tired of that look

post #6 of 25 Old 07-13-2013, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Hokie View Post
ya I know, I just didn't really like the idea of more plain rubber hoses ... kind of tired of that look
You should go buy yourself a Harley.
post #7 of 25 Old 07-13-2013, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

nope, not a chance ... I've been on a motorcycle twice and off twice ... not about to make that my primary (or any) mode of transportation

post #8 of 25 Old 07-14-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Hokie View Post
nope, not a chance ... I've been on a motorcycle twice and off twice ... not about to make that my primary (or any) mode of transportation
That statement was because of your apparent love of shiny stainless steel... Lol
post #9 of 25 Old 07-14-2013, 12:06 PM
Bully Proof

Garage

Because like you Hokie...I would like to add some braided SS hoses to Envy's engine bay and the biggest reason I haven't done so already is that I know very little about them so I'd be very interested in any productive input that anyone has to offer.
post #10 of 25 Old 07-14-2013, 12:09 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
Quote:
Wow...thanks for stating the obvious.

Quote:
That statement was because of your apparent love of shiny stainless steel... Lol
I suppose you like your women common and dull too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page