gm front spoiler/lip - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
General Technical Discussion General 5th Gen Tech
Anything that doesn't fit in one of the above categories goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 09-15-2013, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

gm front spoiler/lip

i looked around on gm parts sites,,,cant seem to find these items...i need the part number for the gm front spoiler/lip mounting bracket and template? the rivets i can get. The other parts as i said i cannot find. thanks for any help. this is for 2012 SS

Last edited by rydahog; 09-17-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-17-2013, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

parts i need..

looking for this bracket for front lip/splitter and 2 smaller side mounting pieces and if possible the template to install this. Dealer tells me i cannot get this without buying the WhOLE GFX kit...$1200 thanks for looking
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	spoiler bracket.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	27194  
post #3 of 5 Old 09-17-2013, 05:27 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydahog View Post
looking for this bracket for front lip/splitter and 2 smaller side mounting pieces and if possible the template to install this. Dealer tells me i cannot get this without buying the WhOLE GFX kit...$1200 thanks for looking
wow!!!! that's awful ... do you know what they look like? Anyway, what I am getting at is, is there any chance you could have them fabricated? I sure thought you could get a GFX Splitter without the whole kit somewhere ... not that it is a great solution

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012

post #4 of 5 Old 09-19-2013, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

well the good news is this. i found a set of mounting brackets like shown in pict for front of fascia, so thats good, and the guy tells me that these parts when held/taped to facia line up perfectly with tabs that are on it....so NO need for a template...the bad part is that i cant find and dealer wont sell the 2 side mounting brackets for the splitter...so i think i will look around for an alternative ,these pieces appear to be approx 2"x3" with a 1/4" offset. i think i found a very close fit for this,,and hopefully with some double back sticky tape will do the trick.http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-3087258..._2272_13097937 this part Z bar i can cut to fit.
post #5 of 5 Old 09-21-2013, 02:42 PM

GM offers no hardware for any of their accessories separately, you may be able to find the brackets used somewhere but even then probably not easy to find.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page