Service Park Assist DIC - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
General Technical Discussion General 5th Gen Tech
Anything that doesn't fit in one of the above categories goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 11-01-2013, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Garage
Thumbs down Service Park Assist DIC

Stopped and filled up the Camaro this evening with 92 ethanol free go juice. Jumped back in and tried to fire her back up and I got a Service Park Assist DIC message. Car would start and then shut itself back off - had me more than a little worried. Dash lit up like a Christmas tree with all the dummy lights going off. I let her sit for a couple minutes, started her up again and she kept running but with all lights on and the DIC message still giving me the finger. Engine ran fine, sounded fine, but none of the gauges worked, including the HUD speedometer.

After I got home I back it into the garage and the rear camera/sensors were dead, no beeps, no guide, nothing. Let her sit for roughly 15 minutes while I cleaned off the rear sensors with some detail spray. Started her up, no DIC message, no Christmas tree lights, everything runs as it should.

I back up all the time, everywhere, for everything. With the ground fx and low clearance it is much easier and safer for me to back into parking spaces. So my rear sensors are utilized often. I figure one of the sensors must have had a gremlin and shut down the rear parking assist. Just an FYI for those who have or may see similar issues. If it happens again, I'm heading to the dealership to have it thoroughly checked out.

Who knew the fountain of youth came with 400+ HP!
ModernCamaro Car of the Month July 2014
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-02-2013, 08:51 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
Stopped and filled up the Camaro this evening with 92 ethanol free go juice.
[email protected]!! This ethanol sh1t we have here keeps f*cking up the tank on my Ducati... Not to mention I only get 91 here....

Post up if they find anything with the Park Assist system when you take it in....

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
post #3 of 6 Old 11-02-2013, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
[email protected]!! This ethanol sh1t we have here keeps f*cking up the tank on my Ducati... Not to mention I only get 91 here....

Post up if they find anything with the Park Assist system when you take it in....
There's very few independent stations around here that still sell it and it's not cheap. Fortunately, one is just a couple miles from home.

Hoping I don't need to take it in and it was just one-time fluke. If she spends time at the dealership I'll follow up with more info on the fix.

post #4 of 6 Old 11-02-2013, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Stopped and filled up the Camaro this evening with 92 ethanol free go juice. Jumped back in and tried to fire her back up and I got a Service Park Assist DIC message. Car would start and then shut itself back off - had me more than a little worried. Dash lit up like a Christmas tree with all the dummy lights going off. I let her sit for a couple minutes, started her up again and she kept running but with all lights on and the DIC message still giving me the finger. Engine ran fine, sounded fine, but none of the gauges worked, including the HUD speedometer.

After I got home I back it into the garage and the rear camera/sensors were dead, no beeps, no guide, nothing. Let her sit for roughly 15 minutes while I cleaned off the rear sensors with some detail spray. Started her up, no DIC message, no Christmas tree lights, everything runs as it should.

I back up all the time, everywhere, for everything. With the ground fx and low clearance it is much easier and safer for me to back into parking spaces. So my rear sensors are utilized often. I figure one of the sensors must have had a gremlin and shut down the rear parking assist. Just an FYI for those who have or may see similar issues. If it happens again, I'm heading to the dealership to have it thoroughly checked out.
Very sorry to hear about the concerns with your Service Park Assist DIC message. Please keep me updated on this and let me know if additional assistance is needed with getting this looked at.

Sincerely,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Available 8:00 AM - 12:00 AM EST
post #5 of 6 Old 11-04-2013, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy Customer Service View Post
Very sorry to hear about the concerns with your Service Park Assist DIC message. Please keep me updated on this and let me know if additional assistance is needed with getting this looked at.

Sincerely,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Will do and thanks for the offer, William.

post #6 of 6 Old 11-04-2013, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Will do and thanks for the offer, William.
No problem,

You're very welcome.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Available 8:00 AM - 12:00 AM EST
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page