Muffler shop cut the frame on my 2003 SSR - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
General Technical Discussion General 5th Gen Tech
Anything that doesn't fit in one of the above categories goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 05-05-2015, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

Muffler shop cut the frame on my 2003 SSR

Please excuse a non Camaro question. Turns out the technician at the muffler shop made two long cuts into the frame when installing a catalytic converter on my 2003 Chevy SSR( I guess so he wouldn't have to drop it when welding) The pictures are before the second shop fixed the cat and finished the frame welding. Muffler - Chuck DUckworth
I have researched and been told by frame shops that you can't use heat to fix a frame making her unsafe to drive and a total loss but the muffler shop is balking and saying it's fine. I am having a problem getting anything in writing from a frame shop of Chevy saying using heat on the frame is allowed. Does anyone know if such a guideline exists?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-06-2015, 10:09 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Get a lawyer they're liable

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.
post #3 of 6 Old 05-06-2015, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotpa View Post
Get a lawyer they're liable
I agree, we'll see if they own up to it before paying for an attorney.

post #4 of 6 Old 05-07-2015, 05:39 AM

Garage
Cutting and welding of frame components is common in the up fitter market. Up fitter guidelines exist, try to find an up fitter guide for S10 or Trailblazer. The SSR uses a lengthened Trailblazer chassis. Remember the vehicle is over 10 years old and the availability of a frame either new or used is not likely.

2011 Early Convertible, ZL1 bumper, hood and side skirts, belly pan, carbon fiber extractor, ZL1 wheels, K&N cai, Elite catch can, Big Worm Black/Red Bowties, Vitesse TC
post #5 of 6 Old 05-07-2015, 11:26 AM

I agree...seek consul on this one. That affected the entire vehicle now and can never be the same, and the SSR is already a collector vehicle due to the limited amount produced. Sorry to hear.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-07-2015, 04:09 PM
Premium Member

Garage
They owe you a frame replacement.

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page