Trunk Leak - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
General Technical Discussion General 5th Gen Tech
Anything that doesn't fit in one of the above categories goes here.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 06-20-2015, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
nightwing91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 12
 
Garage
Question Trunk Leak

So I've had my Camaro for right at 5 months. About a month or so after I got it, opened the trunk to discover the mat was soaked. Long story short I found out it was the drain line for the sunroof that had came detached. Put it back together and everything was fine.
Well, we've had some heavy rain in KY today and when I opened my trunk I found the mat was wet again. Checked the drain line first thing thinking I may have hit it with something and knocked it loose again but it was attached. I felt around above where my mat was wet but couldn't feel or see any water or were any had been leaking. Have any of you guys had this problem and know how to fix it? Or should I call the dealer and schedule a day to bring it in and have them look at it?

Last edited by nightwing91; 06-21-2015 at 06:19 AM.
nightwing91 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old 06-21-2015, 06:20 AM
Premium Member
 
patriotpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 6,222
  
Garage
If it's under warranty, take it to the dealer.

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.
patriotpa is offline  
post #3 of 8 Old 06-21-2015, 06:38 AM
Veteran Member
 
83Hokie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4,590
 
I would definitely let the dealer deal with it ... get it documented is the big thing ... have heard of the drain line problem a few times, so it might be related still

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012
83Hokie is offline  
 
post #4 of 8 Old 06-21-2015, 06:48 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
nightwing91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 12
 
Garage
Alright, thanks guys. I'll call tomorrow and see when they can get it in to take a look at it.
nightwing91 is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old 06-21-2015, 06:10 PM
Member
 
Chevy Customer Service's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 383
        
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightwing91 View Post
So I've had my Camaro for right at 5 months. About a month or so after I got it, opened the trunk to discover the mat was soaked. Long story short I found out it was the drain line for the sunroof that had came detached. Put it back together and everything was fine.
Well, we've had some heavy rain in KY today and when I opened my trunk I found the mat was wet again. Checked the drain line first thing thinking I may have hit it with something and knocked it loose again but it was attached. I felt around above where my mat was wet but couldn't feel or see any water or were any had been leaking. Have any of you guys had this problem and know how to fix it? Or should I call the dealer and schedule a day to bring it in and have them look at it?
nightwing91,

I'm sorry to hear about your trunk leak. I understand how displeasing this would be and realize you're seeking opinions about it. However, if you'd like to consider getting an official GM diagnosis, please message me privately as I can reach out to the dealer's Customer Experience Managers (CEM) for additional assistance. If you'd like to contact us privately, we'd be happy to discuss this with you further.

Will M.
Chevrolet Customer Care



Available 8:00 AM - 12:00 AM EST
Chevy Customer Service is offline  
post #6 of 8 Old 06-24-2015, 07:34 PM
Senior Member
 
RS_2LT_SummitWhite11's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Posts: 511
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightwing91 View Post
Alright, thanks guys. I'll call tomorrow and see when they can get it in to take a look at it.
I had this problem a while back and it was "fixed" by the dealer. It was bad enough that rust was forming on the underside of the trunk lid. It had to go into the body shop for a repaint. A few weeks later the problem returned and I had to take it back in at another dealership. They repaired it and after almost 2 years now I would say, the problem has returned again. Looks like I will be bringing my car into the dealership for a 3rd time now for this same issue. My car is already in the system regarding this.. so hopefully they will take it in and get it right once and for all.

2011 SummitWhite 2LT/RS (SOLD)
2010 Black 2LT/RS (ZLRS) (Current)
ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers.
RS_2LT_SummitWhite11 is offline  
post #7 of 8 Old 06-24-2015, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
nightwing91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 12
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_2LT_SummitWhite11 View Post
I had this problem a while back and it was "fixed" by the dealer. It was bad enough that rust was forming on the underside of the trunk lid. It had to go into the body shop for a repaint. A few weeks later the problem returned and I had to take it back in at another dealership. They repaired it and after almost 2 years now I would say, the problem has returned again. Looks like I will be bringing my car into the dealership for a 3rd time now for this same issue. My car is already in the system regarding this.. so hopefully they will take it in and get it right once and for all.
Well that's unsettling.....After the mat dried and I put it back in the trunk we had another downpour. Thinking my trunk would be soaked when I checked it it was completely dry. Needless to say I'm confused....
nightwing91 is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old 06-25-2015, 10:28 AM
Bully Proof
 
Envy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 7,086
  
Garage
I have not experienced this problem but I've never driven my Camaro in the rain or on wet streets. I would definitely take it in to the dealership to be fixed and I would want them to thoroughly clean or replace the trunk carpet.
Envy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome