Trunk Leak - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
General Technical Discussion General 5th Gen Tech
Anything that doesn't fit in one of the above categories goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 06-20-2015, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Question Trunk Leak

So I've had my Camaro for right at 5 months. About a month or so after I got it, opened the trunk to discover the mat was soaked. Long story short I found out it was the drain line for the sunroof that had came detached. Put it back together and everything was fine.
Well, we've had some heavy rain in KY today and when I opened my trunk I found the mat was wet again. Checked the drain line first thing thinking I may have hit it with something and knocked it loose again but it was attached. I felt around above where my mat was wet but couldn't feel or see any water or were any had been leaking. Have any of you guys had this problem and know how to fix it? Or should I call the dealer and schedule a day to bring it in and have them look at it?

Last edited by nightwing91; 06-21-2015 at 06:19 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-21-2015, 06:20 AM
Premium Member

Garage
If it's under warranty, take it to the dealer.

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.
post #3 of 8 Old 06-21-2015, 06:38 AM
Veteran Member

I would definitely let the dealer deal with it ... get it documented is the big thing ... have heard of the drain line problem a few times, so it might be related still

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012

post #4 of 8 Old 06-21-2015, 06:48 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Alright, thanks guys. I'll call tomorrow and see when they can get it in to take a look at it.
post #5 of 8 Old 06-21-2015, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightwing91 View Post
So I've had my Camaro for right at 5 months. About a month or so after I got it, opened the trunk to discover the mat was soaked. Long story short I found out it was the drain line for the sunroof that had came detached. Put it back together and everything was fine.
Well, we've had some heavy rain in KY today and when I opened my trunk I found the mat was wet again. Checked the drain line first thing thinking I may have hit it with something and knocked it loose again but it was attached. I felt around above where my mat was wet but couldn't feel or see any water or were any had been leaking. Have any of you guys had this problem and know how to fix it? Or should I call the dealer and schedule a day to bring it in and have them look at it?
nightwing91,

I'm sorry to hear about your trunk leak. I understand how displeasing this would be and realize you're seeking opinions about it. However, if you'd like to consider getting an official GM diagnosis, please message me privately as I can reach out to the dealer's Customer Experience Managers (CEM) for additional assistance. If you'd like to contact us privately, we'd be happy to discuss this with you further.

Will M.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Available 8:00 AM - 12:00 AM EST
post #6 of 8 Old 06-24-2015, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightwing91 View Post
Alright, thanks guys. I'll call tomorrow and see when they can get it in to take a look at it.
I had this problem a while back and it was "fixed" by the dealer. It was bad enough that rust was forming on the underside of the trunk lid. It had to go into the body shop for a repaint. A few weeks later the problem returned and I had to take it back in at another dealership. They repaired it and after almost 2 years now I would say, the problem has returned again. Looks like I will be bringing my car into the dealership for a 3rd time now for this same issue. My car is already in the system regarding this.. so hopefully they will take it in and get it right once and for all.

2011 SummitWhite 2LT/RS (SOLD)
2010 Black 2LT/RS (ZLRS) (Current)
ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers.
post #7 of 8 Old 06-24-2015, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_2LT_SummitWhite11 View Post
I had this problem a while back and it was "fixed" by the dealer. It was bad enough that rust was forming on the underside of the trunk lid. It had to go into the body shop for a repaint. A few weeks later the problem returned and I had to take it back in at another dealership. They repaired it and after almost 2 years now I would say, the problem has returned again. Looks like I will be bringing my car into the dealership for a 3rd time now for this same issue. My car is already in the system regarding this.. so hopefully they will take it in and get it right once and for all.
Well that's unsettling.....After the mat dried and I put it back in the trunk we had another downpour. Thinking my trunk would be soaked when I checked it it was completely dry. Needless to say I'm confused....
post #8 of 8 Old 06-25-2015, 10:28 AM
Bully Proof

Garage
I have not experienced this problem but I've never driven my Camaro in the rain or on wet streets. I would definitely take it in to the dealership to be fixed and I would want them to thoroughly clean or replace the trunk carpet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page