Few Interior/Exterior Issues - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
General Technical Discussion General 5th Gen Tech
Anything that doesn't fit in one of the above categories goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 01-05-2016, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

Question Few Interior/Exterior Issues

Hello all, recently joined the Camaro family, well rejoined with a 2010 2LT RS in inferno orange (wife bought it as a surprise xmas present!) and just loving the piss out of it. With it being a used car it came with a few issues of course and just wanted a little help with them so here they are.

1) For whatever stupid reason the previous owner had taken the wipers off and then put them on the wrong side, so the metal sticking out of the bottom put some nice scratches in the driver side of the windshield, would this be fixable or would the whole window be replaced? The scratches are fairly deep I think, in that I can feel them with my fingernail. Luckily they only go up about 5 inches from the bottom, only maybe 2 inches viewable from inside the car so not in the way in any fashion so I could live with it but it's **** frustrating that they were so stupid to do that.

2) The driver side door doesn't quite line up on the inside, like the red plastic that lights up in the top of it is about half an inch below the strip that runs across the dash. Also on the outside you can see at the front top of the window it doesn't roll up all the way under the weather stripping so the door is definitely not quite lined up or something, is there a way to adjust this?

3) On the backs of the seats where you pull up that plastic lever to lean the seats forward there is a black plastic housing around those levers, at least on the passenger side. The one on my driver side must have fell off and been lost as it's missing, what are these called so I could order a new one and where from?

4) On the passenger side lower side shortly behind the door there is a nice dent, looks like maybe 5 inches long and a couple inches wide however the paint appears to be perfectly fine, no scratches or chips etc. Would it be possible to have somebody pop that out and fix it? Would it be mega pricey you think?

5) Not too far behind the driver side door there is a couple spots close together with missing paint, maybe 1 inch in size, would it be easy/fairly cheap to fix or mega costly?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-05-2016, 03:38 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkOneX View Post
Hello all, recently joined the Camaro family, well rejoined with a 2010 2LT RS in inferno orange (wife bought it as a surprise xmas present!) and just loving the piss out of it. With it being a used car it came with a few issues of course and just wanted a little help with them so here they are.

1) For whatever stupid reason the previous owner had taken the wipers off and then put them on the wrong side, so the metal sticking out of the bottom put some nice scratches in the driver side of the windshield, would this be fixable or would the whole window be replaced? The scratches are fairly deep I think, in that I can feel them with my fingernail. Luckily they only go up about 5 inches from the bottom, only maybe 2 inches viewable from inside the car so not in the way in any fashion so I could live with it but it's **** frustrating that they were so stupid to do that.

2) The driver side door doesn't quite line up on the inside, like the red plastic that lights up in the top of it is about half an inch below the strip that runs across the dash. Also on the outside you can see at the front top of the window it doesn't roll up all the way under the weather stripping so the door is definitely not quite lined up or something, is there a way to adjust this?

3) On the backs of the seats where you pull up that plastic lever to lean the seats forward there is a black plastic housing around those levers, at least on the passenger side. The one on my driver side must have fell off and been lost as it's missing, what are these called so I could order a new one and where from?

4) On the passenger side lower side shortly behind the door there is a nice dent, looks like maybe 5 inches long and a couple inches wide however the paint appears to be perfectly fine, no scratches or chips etc. Would it be possible to have somebody pop that out and fix it? Would it be mega pricey you think?

5) Not too far behind the driver side door there is a couple spots close together with missing paint, maybe 1 inch in size, would it be easy/fairly cheap to fix or mega costly?
ok I am not an expert but these are my thoughts

1) I think that will be a new windshield - chips can be fixed, scratches I think are problematic - maybe rubbing with jewelers rouge is it?

2) read your other post ... no idea on this one ... body shop?

3) try GM Parts Direct: Your direct source for Genuine GM Parts - their diagrams are pretty good and usually get you to the right part. Pretty good prices too

4) Depends what you can mega-pricey? I don't think it would be too bad though. I think body shops deal with these fairly regularly

5) I think this might cost more than 4, but who knows ... IOM is a premium color I think, so more labor. Maybe not so bad because it is a small spot?

Again, these are very uninformed opinions, but I think reasonable. Hope you the best.

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page