Heater Blend Door - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
General Technical Discussion General 5th Gen Tech
Anything that doesn't fit in one of the above categories goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 10-09-2018, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Heater Blend Door

I just had to replace the heater blend door on my 12 vert. Just a heads up to all others, it's very expensive, and a shame that GM engineered such a mess,
First of all the dash has to come completely out of the car, but the even nicer surprise is that the windshield has to come out in order to get the dash out.
I was fortunate that I had two small chips in the windshield in line of sight, so the windshield was at deductible only. So far $1479 to the local Chevy shop and $100 to the glass company. 2 weeks without my car.
No one will guarantee that the windshield won't break while removing it. Mine didn't but corner seals were damaged and the only way to get new ones is with a new windshield.
I have worked on my own cars for ever, but this was more of a DIY than I wanted to attempt. A simple two piece duct would have solved this fiasco from the jump.
Still lovin my vert though.

SW shorty's, Borla ATAK cat back, SLP Blackwing CAI, Diode Dynamics DRL's, Technostalgia LED sequential tail lights. beauty bar.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page