Gas tank is my favorite feature about SS 1LE Camaro - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 06-05-2014, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Gas tank is my favorite feature about SS 1LE Camaro

By Nick Dasko

The 1LE is the best $3,500 you can spend when buying an SS Camaro. But that is an indisputable fact. What is debatable is what the best feature in thatChevypackage is. I think the 20 inch wheels from the ZL1 look pretty kick-ass but what they are wearing is what makes them interesting. Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires put the power down and are likely responsible by themselves for a good chunk of this car's improved handling.

Those tires however are not the only thing that make this car dance, you have the pile of suspension upgrades. The lower final drive ratio and a more aggressively geared Tremec Six Speed really gets things going and puts the power down. But what actually will keep you and that gearbox going is the big radiator that is featured on this transmission. Not just useful at the track but maybe after you have dumped the clutch a few times in a strip mall parking lot showing off to your friends. That transmission upgrade may save you from a pricey rebuild.

But my favorite upgrade is because I am a very boring man who likes mechanical details. I also tend to drive like a dumbass sometimes and this could save me from a stall some time or running out of gas on a date.

A high-flow fuel pump and a gas tank with multiple pickup points that was developed based on where fuel pools in hard driving.

This means that if you just blew your gas money on an expensive dinner and are blasting around backroads trying to impress your date, you are less likely to run out of gas.

Have you ever run out of gas with a pretty girl in the car? I knowI have and I feel like pond scum on someone's shoe. Generally it comes right after doing the hard sort of driving that causes fuel to pool in the corner of the tank that may not normally be reached.

So if you have the means to do so, start looking for one. I couldn't find any in the junkyards I checked but maybe you can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-09-2014, 03:44 PM
Support MC & Troops

dasko.. Welcome to MC & Congrats on being a MOD

Have you thought of picking up one of these beautiful Camaro's 1LE's are bad A$$

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page