2016 Chevrolet Camaro to Debut on May 16 - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 03-16-2015, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Sponsored Editorial Content

2016 Chevrolet Camaro to Debut on May 16

Quote:
Chevrolet is opening the 2016 Camaro teaser spigot long in advance of its official debut at the Chevrolet Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix on May 16.

The company just launched a new website that announces the debut date along with an audio clip of the engine roaring. Chevrolet hasnít released any information about which engine will power the next Camaro, which will be based on the same Alpha rear-wheel drive platform as the Cadillac ATS and CTS, but you can expect it to use a Tremec six-speed manual transmission when it arrives. The 3.6-liter V6 and 6.2-liter V8 will probably carry over, but the new car is also probably going to share a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine with the Cadillac ATS to help Chevrolet meet emissions regulations and compete with the EcoBoost Ford Mustang.
Read more about the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro to Debut on May 16 at AutoGuide.com.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-16-2015, 02:06 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Woohoo!

Let's hope it's every bit the knockout the 5thGen is!

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.
post #3 of 6 Old 03-16-2015, 06:19 PM

I am very interested to see what GM does. I am old enough I watched the Camaro evolve the first time and have had one of each gen. On our current cars they even pulled a bit of old past evolution when they changed the taillights on the 2014 (they are reminiscent of the 82-92 Cars) So I will be looking for styling cues from past cars. I had a fourth Gen and always wondered where things would have kept evolving if hey never dropped the car. With the amazing job they did on the current car I am glad they started fresh. I can't wait. So maybe in 5 years when I am done with this ones payoff I will get a 6th gen lol.

Last edited by DougM; 03-16-2015 at 06:20 PM. Reason: spelling

post #4 of 6 Old 03-16-2015, 06:58 PM

I am looking forward to seeing what will be offered as well!

2011 SummitWhite 2LT/RS (SOLD)
2010 Black 2LT/RS (ZLRS) (Current)
ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers.
post #5 of 6 Old 03-17-2015, 10:24 AM

Garage
the RSVP part of that event is closed....They have a waiting list of over 2500 people to get in it....part of the deal was if you owned a camaro and were willing to display it there at belle isle, they would consider you first....they got their 1000 people almost immediately....so now you wait....good luck to anyone trying to get in that didn't....
post #6 of 6 Old 03-21-2015, 10:47 AM
sdk
Veteran Member

Garage
I signed up for the updates. I'm looking forward to the 6th generation. Who knows, one day I may be a Camaro owner again.

2017 Camaro SS
South Carolina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page