Boss harassment... - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 41 Old 02-03-2009, 05:46 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Boss harassment...

So my boss has been harassing the hell out of me lately.
Sunday I went to the supply closet for the warehouse and got a roll of TP to blow my nose with(sick as a dog, still am)..someone snitched and he's trying to snag me for "stealing". He gave me a final warning lastnight/thismorning. He's doing this to get back on his boss's good side..which won't work since his boss already knows about this and doesn't care. Anywho, while berating me about "stealing" the toiletpaper (which, according to him...doesn't grow on trees..truestory) he starts in on my religion. Saying that he knows I read Christian books, that I "claim" to be a Christian..and something like that I should follow my "Christian teachings". Which is pretty funny..coming from a 50+ year old guy who lives with a dude and has an unhealthy obsession with cats.
Shortly afterwards a coworker informs me this falls under religious discrimination and that I should file a report on my boss to his boss (after what happened thursday night..his boss REALLY wants to get rid of him).
Before doing so though..I want to get as much info about religious discrimination. I'm going to look through the work's handbook and quote the page etc. on the report..but I am wondering..are there any laws on this? If so, any links to info about them? Putting in that he is REALLY breaking a law (unlike me..which is just getting TP from a supply closet to blow my nose) will aid my cause greatly.

Edit: Also..he claims he's not trying to get me fired..and that he "spoke on my behalf". I'm sorry..whoever files a FINAL WARNING on me is trying to get me fired. I'm not as blatantly idiotic as he thinks I am.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Last edited by Luwinkle; 02-03-2009 at 05:49 AM.
post #2 of 41 Old 02-03-2009, 06:07 AM

alot of bosses are being a**holes lately from what i hear. That is BS over some TP!!!!

with all the layoffs being announced every day.............it just sucks and keeps getting worse!! I think bosses are constantly on the lookout to cut people so they dont lose their jobs!
post #3 of 41 Old 02-03-2009, 06:30 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lackomotorsportsllc View Post
alot of bosses are being a**holes lately from what i hear. That is BS over some TP!!!!

with all the layoffs being announced every day.............it just sucks and keeps getting worse!! I think bosses are constantly on the lookout to cut people so they dont lose their jobs!
Well, this is in the Security industry..at a UPS warehouse park..not many jobs to lose there.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
post #4 of 41 Old 02-03-2009, 06:32 AM

my stepdad works for UPS. Driver out of the Middleburg Hts building.
post #5 of 41 Old 02-03-2009, 10:12 AM
Veteran Member

Over some toilet paper? Seems like he just wants to have some authority.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
post #6 of 41 Old 02-03-2009, 10:20 AM

I agree with taglane!!!
post #7 of 41 Old 02-03-2009, 10:23 AM
Banned

I've dealt with this kinda ***** before and I gotta tell you...It RARELY works out in your favor, especially if you actually file a complaint.

IMO the best thing would be to pull aside his boss and say "Look, I don't want to file a complaint, but I just wanted you to know what happened and that I think it's unfair." If he'll listen, make sure you avoid personal attacks over the guys lifestyle. If you do, you stand a higher chance of being listened to.
post #8 of 41 Old 02-03-2009, 10:38 AM

another good point.............that would be probably the best way to handle somebody who acts like that.
post #9 of 41 Old 02-03-2009, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devryn View Post
I've dealt with this kinda ***** before and I gotta tell you...It RARELY works out in your favor, especially if you actually file a complaint.

IMO the best thing would be to pull aside his boss and say "Look, I don't want to file a complaint, but I just wanted you to know what happened and that I think it's unfair." If he'll listen, make sure you avoid personal attacks over the guys lifestyle. If you do, you stand a higher chance of being listened to.
I have a seriously good feeling it'd work out well in my favor. You underestimate how badly his boss wants to get rid of him. I DID get his boss's number just incase something happened.
I started this thread to ask if anyone knew of any laws against religious discrimination, anyone know of any?

Quote:
post #10 of 41 Old 02-03-2009, 02:24 PM
Banned

Yeah. It's called the Civil Rights Act.

It doesn't sound like discrimination, though. It sounds like you let it be known you're religious, and he used what he knew about your religion to try to explain why you shouldn't be doing something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page