Hybrid Escalade later this year - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 02-02-2006, 07:41 AM Thread Starter

Hybrid Escalade later this year

http://autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...024/LATESTNEWS

Hybrid Escalade to be offered in fall of 2007

By JAMIE LAREAU AND RICHARD TRUETT | AUTOMOTIVE NEWS

AutoWeek | Published 02/01/06, 11:19 am et

General Motors CEO Rick Wagoner confirmed that Cadillac will get its first hybrid vehicle in the fall of 2007 with the 2008 Escalade SUV.

Wagoner made the announcement Wednesday at the Baltimore transmission plant during a ceremony to name the plant as the builder of GM?s hybrid transmissions.

The hybrid version of the Escalade will use a new transmission made by GM?s Allison division. The two-mode hybrid system will be similar to what GM will use in the hybrid version of a Chevrolet Tahoe and GMC Yukon SUVs.

The hybrid Escalade will get a 25 percent gain in fuel economy, meaning the vehicle could get close to 30 mpg on the highway.

The supplier for the nickel-metal batteries to be used in the Escalade will be Panasonic EV, a Japanese company.

GM is spending $118 million to tool up for production of the hybrid transmissions.
post #2 of 9 Old 02-02-2006, 10:23 AM

But will the idea really fly?
post #3 of 9 Old 02-02-2006, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

30mpg out of a full size SUV?

I think as long as the price is right those things will fly off the lots. They had a hybrid Silverado cutaway at NAIAS. Its pretty interesting.
post #4 of 9 Old 02-02-2006, 10:32 AM

I'd think about trading my truck in for that.
post #5 of 9 Old 02-07-2006, 09:41 PM
Mid
Super Moderator

GM announces that hybrid SUV's are on the way:

http://autoshow.msn.com/as/article.a...w2006&src=News
post #6 of 9 Old 02-08-2006, 07:31 PM

as long as price (or within a few thousand at least) and performance (no loss is acceptable here, as many people NEED a certian amount of power, that's why they get the big engien to begin with) are on par with the SUV's that are already being sold, hybrids will take off no doubt. i know i'd definattly take better fuel economy. also this with thier "active fuel management" system, could bring MPG's to unheard of levels in SUV's. which could lead to similar systems in sportcars, and compacts.
post #7 of 9 Old 02-09-2006, 12:54 AM
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple

Definitely the right direction!!

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
post #8 of 9 Old 02-11-2006, 12:11 PM
Mid
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvBoard
as long as price (or within a few thousand at least) and performance (no loss is acceptable here, as many people NEED a certian amount of power, that's why they get the big engien to begin with) are on par with the SUV's that are already being sold, hybrids will take off no doubt. i know i'd definattly take better fuel economy. also this with thier "active fuel management" system, could bring MPG's to unheard of levels in SUV's. which could lead to similar systems in sportcars, and compacts.
so if a honda civic uses cylinder de-activation technology, it's a V-2?

post #9 of 9 Old 02-12-2006, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mid
so if a honda civic uses cylinder de-activation technology, it's a V-2?

that's a good idea. i need something to save me some gas milage on the cavy. i think i'll just go pull 2 injectors and 2 spark plugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page