What if..? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 02-02-2006, 07:27 AM Thread Starter

What if..?

Some of these may have been seen already, but for those that haven't, a guy on another site that I frequent came up with these 5th gen Firebird mockups - here's what COULD be if only... well, never mind.

Here's a mockup of what would be a 40th Anniversary 2009 Trans Am. Notice the side marker lights as a further nod to the original 69 T/A.

I'm a huge 2nd gen F body fan - yeah I know they suck as far as power goes compared to the 4th gens but they were nonetheless the most popular of all generations, and if you're an old-schooler like me you can appreciate these 5th gen mockups with some very tasteful 2nd gen T/A touches...

And if Smokey and the Bandit ever gets remade, here's a natural for the new Bandit...
post #2 of 16 Old 02-02-2006, 07:31 AM

Those are great chops, but if the Firebird ever comes back, it needs to be more than just a re-badged Camaro. I mean the cars will have to look substntially different and not just new body panels.

Keep an eye out for the next GTO that will be built off Camaro's chassis (ZETA). All the Zeta cars are supposed to be very different from one another. It will give us an idea for what is possible.

For Camaro, the 1st gen embodies what the car is. For Firebird, I'm not sure that is true. I think the Bandit era really is what Firebird is at its soul. So if I had to pick I'd say draw cues from the '77, though maybe not as literally as the one above. Giant bird decals aren't going to help sales (or the car's image).
post #3 of 16 Old 02-02-2006, 08:59 AM

I just don't see GM bringing back the firebird. Especially if they have no clue on how sales will be with the camaro.
post #4 of 16 Old 02-02-2006, 09:13 AM

Uploading to pic site........
post #5 of 16 Old 02-02-2006, 10:33 AM
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple

Those are awesome chops!

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
post #6 of 16 Old 02-02-2006, 02:06 PM

Cool

:gr_patriot: you know they will never make it. GM is on a self destroy mission. seems only the imports will make the cars people want. that sucks cause i will not buy anything but american made.
post #7 of 16 Old 02-02-2006, 03:27 PM
Premium Member

i like that rendering of the anniversary t/a

post #8 of 16 Old 02-02-2006, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

Here are a few more different mockups from another person on the site - this one is obviously a nod to the 70-72 Lucerne Blue T/A. Notice that the B-pillar has been moved forward on these to reflect more 2nd thru 4th gen styling touches...

Here's what it would look like with T-tops...

post #9 of 16 Old 02-02-2006, 09:11 PM
Premium Member

those look good too

post #10 of 16 Old 02-02-2006, 10:10 PM

Nice chops.....I actually think the Camaro vs. the GTO would be a good rivalry. Im a Firebird fan too, but they seem like brothers, instead of rivals. Something different in the GM lineup to "compete" with would be more fun, in my opinion. But then again, what do I know? lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page