Dumba$ at work - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 02-24-2009, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Dumba$$es at work

This is a true story and it happened at my job and I'm not and can't make this up.

About three weeks ago my boss hired a new guy.His name is Daniel Wayne since we have 2 other Daniels(Dan and Daniel) and a Wayne(Wayne Barker) who's above the district manager Kyle.We call Daniel Wayne "Lil Wayne" as a nickname.Well last monday which I had off he actually had a bag of ganja(weed/marijuana) and SHOWED IT TO THE ASSISTANT MANAGER Gary who I'm thinkin he was "cool" with and thought wouldn't mind. And then during sometime during the course of the day HE lit up a joint in his car and came back to work STONED

Naturally Today He was fired.For reasons I have no idea why he did a burnout in his truck in front of the building and left.Then he proceeded to call the shop in a vain attempt to try to get his job back.

Now if you have known anyone who's done something on a level this dumb please share your story

The Induction may be forced but your humilation is up to you

5th GEN.Org's Offical Protagonist
UNITED STATES ARMY 19K
Currently with 3rd ID,2nd brig,1-64th armored battalion,d-co,2nd plt FT.Stewart,Georgia
DOG FACE SOLIDERS HOOAH
post #2 of 14 Old 02-24-2009, 07:35 PM
Veteran Member

You're a porter, correct? Having been at your level before, this doesn't surprise me. Hire people with minimum pay and minimum responsibility, you get minimum performance and minimum intelligence.

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
post #3 of 14 Old 02-24-2009, 07:35 PM

Sounds like the "Old Days". Guys at work and the supervisor would pile into a 70s Lincoln Continental and light up a couple during break. It looked like something out of a Cheech and Chong movie with all the smoke rolling out.

We worked the night shift and these guys wore sunglasses when they came back in. They all finally got busted when the plant manager came in early one morning.
post #4 of 14 Old 02-24-2009, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
You're a porter, correct? Having been at your level before, this doesn't surprise me. Hire people with minimum pay and minimum responsibility, you get minimum performance and minimum intelligence.
no I'm a Lube tech at a small shop(changin oil)

UNITED STATES ARMY 19K
Currently with 3rd ID,2nd brig,1-64th armored battalion,d-co,2nd plt FT.Stewart,Georgia
DOG FACE SOLIDERS HOOAH
post #5 of 14 Old 02-24-2009, 07:43 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOST SS View Post
no I'm a Lube tech at a small shop(changin oil)
Lube Tech, Porter, same entry level position. I am thinking of plenty of old "friends" when reading your story.

Don't be discouraged with my reply. It's not meant to be condescending. You've got to start at the bottom and work your way up. If you're on this site and seeking advice, you've already got a better attitude than your peers. That losers actions should be motivation.

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
post #6 of 14 Old 02-24-2009, 07:53 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
This is a true story and it happened at my job and I'm not and can't make this up.

About three weeks ago my boss hired a new guy.His name is Daniel Wayne since we have 2 other Daniels(Dan and Daniel) and a Wayne(Wayne Barker) who's above the district manager Kyle.We call Daniel Wayne "Lil Wayne" as a nickname.Well last monday which I had off he actually had a bag of ganja(weed/marijuana) and SHOWED IT TO THE ASSISTANT MANAGER Gary who I'm thinkin he was "cool" with and thought wouldn't mind. And then during sometime during the course of the day HE lit up a joint in his car and came back to work STONED

Naturally Today He was fired.For reasons I have no idea why he did a burnout in his truck in front of the building and left.Then he proceeded to call the shop in a vain attempt to try to get his job back.

Now if you have known anyone who's done something on a level this dumb please share your story
I worked with a guy who fried himself on 120v, 3 phase, 30 amp circuit after he didn't pay attention to a master electrician with 35+ years experience. He thought he knew how to splice a self piercing outlet better than he did. Ended up creating an electrical explosion in his face that burned his hand. Then to top it off, he tried to treat the 3rd degree electrical burn by washing his hand in the water.

Project: 89 RS => AX/RR
post #7 of 14 Old 02-25-2009, 04:50 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89RS View Post
I worked with a guy who fried himself on 120v, 3 phase, 30 amp circuit after he didn't pay attention to a master electrician with 35+ years experience. He thought he knew how to splice a self piercing outlet better than he did. Ended up creating an electrical explosion in his face that burned his hand. Then to top it off, he tried to treat the 3rd degree electrical burn by washing his hand in the water.
120V 3PH.......make sure the neutrals are solid, if anything's out of wack a huge electrical imbalance between the phases will result! I bet he learned his lesson........or changed occupations that day!

post #8 of 14 Old 02-25-2009, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonz5GEN View Post
120V 3PH.......make sure the neutrals are solid, if anything's out of wack a huge electrical imbalance between the phases will result! I bet he learned his lesson........or changed occupations that day!
I'll bet it was a "SHOCKING" Revalation!

UNITED STATES ARMY 19K
DOG FACE SOLIDERS HOOAH
post #9 of 14 Old 02-25-2009, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
Lube Tech, Porter, same entry level position. I am thinking of plenty of old "friends" when reading your story.

Don't be discouraged with my reply. It's not meant to be condescending. You've got to start at the bottom and work your way up. If you're on this site and seeking advice, you've already got a better attitude than your peers. That losers actions should be motivation.
nah not in the least and thanks for noticing

UNITED STATES ARMY 19K
DOG FACE SOLIDERS HOOAH
post #10 of 14 Old 02-25-2009, 07:49 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I'll bet it was a "SHOCKING" Revalation!
Not really. He was adamant that he didn't do anything wrong and actually tried to go back to work. The electrical explosion was so bad that it vaporized quite a bit of the plug that he was holding in his hand. All we found left of the plug was the electrodes in the outlet he plugged into and a melted hunk of plastic.

Project: 89 RS => AX/RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page